You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 05-03-09 16:19:56

ACJ
Verified Member
Website

Confused, pink about to expire & 3rd part 3 after that...

Hi, I failed my 2nd attempt at part 3 end of last month.  My pink expires this Monday  yikes and I have booked my 3rd attempt at end of this month.  My college said that I don't have to apply for a new pink cos I've booked my test and if I fail it then a pink is voided anyway and that I can continue teaching.  They are adamant about this and say it is in the ADI 14 but I can't find it anywhere and am worried that I might be doing something wrong. :?

If I do need another pink then college have to sign it before I post it so that doesn't leave me long.  Could I also just scan my original licence photo instead of having new ones done if I do have to re apply?

Thanks, getting stressed out as the end looms.....  sad

05-03-09 16:19:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Confused, pink about to expire & 3rd part 3 after that...

#2 05-03-09 16:30:41

VandADI
Administrator

You can teach once your pink has expired BUT YOU CANNOT TEACH FOR REWARD. That means you cannot take payment for lessons as from the date of expiry of your licence.  If you choose to accept payment for lessons after your licence has expired you are breaking the law. This is quite clear in the ADI14. This vital bit of information should have been provided by your trainer.
Photocopies of photos are unacceptable, you will have to send a new pic.

#3 05-03-09 16:57:49

ACJ
Verified Member
Website

Thank you Vanda, that is what I suspected.  I'm going to ring them back!

#4 05-03-09 17:08:33

Spike
Verified Member

You can apply for a second licence. This takes some time to process, but in the meantime you are granted an interim extension on your existing licence. You can only do this if you apply for the second licence before the first one expires.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 05-03-09 17:11:29

VandADI
Administrator

You can apply for a second licence. This takes some time to process, but in the meantime you are granted an interim extension on your existing licence. You can only do this if you apply for the second licence before the first one expires.

In ACJ's case, I think it might be too late.

#6 05-03-09 17:23:36

ACJ
Verified Member
Website

I rang the DSA to confirm and told them what I'd been advised by my useless college.  They were very perturbed that the wrong information had been given to me and was obviously being told to other PDI's by the college!! (I'm sure you all know the one I'm talking about).

As Vanda said, I can continue to teach when my pink runs out, but only for no charge up until my final attempt.  I think that's what I'll do as it's only a question of 2 weeks so might as well try to delay some bookings and have a bit of time off and just teach those near to their test as freebies!

Might be able to get some extra training in from Nigel (Excelsior) too as this has been far more useful than anything I've paid that college for.  :x

Thanks for your advice, this is a useful site.

#7 05-03-09 17:35:08

VandADI
Administrator

You can't go far wrong with Nigel, he is a top bloke and a top trainer, shame you had to find out the hard way with your useless training college though yikes
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 05-03-09 17:46:55

ACJ
Verified Member
Website

Yes, I so wish I'd found out about him before as I'm sure I wouldn't have wasted so much time and money on those charlatans.

Had a day and a half with Nigel already but not soon enough for my 2nd attempt to be a success.  Hopefully he'll be able to fit me in his busy schedule so that I can give my all for the final attempt cos I'm really loving the job and have some great pupils.  Calling Nigel....

#9 05-03-09 17:48:01

ACJ
Verified Member
Website

Sorry, think I pressed a wrong button somewhere, whoops!

#10 05-03-09 17:52:48

scannermanh
Verified Member

The only bit the college got wrong was telling you, you couldn't
teach, but they probably didn't think you didn't know you could
teach for free, as its common knowledge that some learn from
friends and family.
I taught for free after my pink ran out before my last attempt, so
you need to think about your Insurance, if you use your own car
are you still covered as you no longer have a license to teach? I
wasn't so could only teach the pupils that had their own cars.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#11 05-03-09 20:35:54

ACJ
Verified Member
Website

No, I rang the college and they were surprised and had thought that you could carry on paid teaching and thanked me for letting them know that they'd been giving the wrong advice!

It's not the 1st time I've found that they've given me the wrong advice about something either so I've got no confidence with them at all now.  Anyway once you've signed on the line and they've banked your money they don't give two hoots about you from what I've experienced anyway.

Think the DSA should be made aware of how they fleece people and don't provide adequate support or training.  I wrote to complain to the college a while back but it didn't do any good.  I chose them thinking that they would be reputable cos being a big organisation with proper qualifications etc rather than choosing an independent who I wouldn't know how good or honest they were.  How wrong was I and many others it seems have been duped in this way, relieved of vast amounts of hard earned money and then left to squander or to try to train each other.  It's outrageous.  Anyway, rant over!

#12 05-03-09 20:37:18

ACJ
Verified Member
Website

ps I'm with Waveney Insurance so am still covered when my pink expires, but thanks for warning me.

#13 06-03-09 01:06:02

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

I taught for free after my pink ran out before my last attempt, so
you need to think about your Insurance, if you use your own car
are you still covered as you no longer have a license to teach? I
wasn't so could only teach the pupils that had their own cars.

Hi scannermanh

Mines a similar situation but I'm not going on a pink, got a pup lined up and I've told her obviously I'll train her for free. She has her own car, what are the insurance requirements for me and her in this situation?

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

#14 06-03-09 19:27:30

scannermanh
Verified Member

As far as I am aware, she has to insure the vehicle herself, as a learner,
it should then be OK for any FLH to accompany her. Get her to check
with her Insurance co (better safe than sorry).

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#15 06-03-09 21:06:03

VIKING

I'm in the same position regarding the pink licence running out, but in my case it was a wast of space anyway with my previous insructor fleecing me for an advert which resulted in zero pupils and me resorting to freebies for friends and family from the off.Also having the Pink Licence was confusing, especially the 5 hours extra training bit and the worry of the dam thing expiring resulted in a panicked 2nd attempt at the part 3 which I duly failed again.
I've now got a new trainer who suggested finding a 'Buddy' to help practise the PSTs which I've done.
Whilst learners are great for getting you used to 'sitting' on the other side of the car, trying to practise the PSTs with them(even for free) resulted in disinterest and glazed expressions.
Anyway I can now take my time and hopefully realy get to grips with what's required before my next attempt at the part 3 test.

#16 06-03-09 21:44:01

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

As far as I am aware, she has to insure the vehicle herself, as a learner,
it should then be OK for any FLH to accompany her. Get her to check
with her Insurance co (better safe than sorry).

Yeah thats what I thought Scannermanh, thanks for the imput.

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

Board footer