You are not logged in.

#1 21-02-05 21:38:44

Abi`s Dad

New Tyres

Hi all

I`ve got a couple of tyres that are about due for changing.what do you all use, branded tyres, economy ones, or something in between?

Cheers.

21-02-05 21:38:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New Tyres

#2 22-02-05 20:36:12

Rauxaman

Don't forget that the tyres are going to be the final and only link between you and the road surface... it's up to you but I have always been of the opinion that, particularly in motoring "you only get what you pay for".

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 24-03-05 01:46:31

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Depends what you use the car for !

If its a trip to the local supermarket or too and frow from work over a short distance at low speeds, then i would go for a cheap tyre.

If you travel at high speeds on the motorway and push your car round corners, then i would go for a more expensive tyre.

Like has been said, its your only way of staying on the road....

My tyres are £110.00 each, but i know they are going to take me where i steer, within reason.

#4 26-03-05 10:46:48

yeah_and_man

Hi,
Have you tried part worns?
You can run 4 different makes of tyre at the same time and it'll only cost £15 per tyre fitted!

#5 26-03-05 12:11:35

kev146g
Website

it is best to get all the same make with part worn.

kev
w w w.drivingschool.me.uk

#6 26-03-05 20:45:43

AlphaBob
Verified Member

I would never buy part worn tyres. You do not know the tyre history. eg. Have they had a puncture repair?, Have they been on car involved in an accident?  Have they got a defect?, carcase seperation.  I think it's just not worth the risk. You have got four pieces of rubber the size of the palm of your hand keeping you on the road.
How much do you value your safety and that of others.  DONT buy part worn tyres thats my advice.!!!

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

#7 27-03-05 10:00:12

kev146g
Website

if you use a good tyre shop they make sure the tyre is good before they put it on the one i have used will not use tyre that have been in a crash or worn on any uneven wear.

kev
w w w.drivingschool.me.uk

Board footer