You are not logged in.

#1 23-02-09 12:47:34

lele
Verified Member
Website

OMG OMG OMG

I have just booked my part 3 test online, and am starting to feel really sick already.

I can't believe I was actually shaking whilst filling the Information in.

I have just over a month now of nerves and sickness lol omg I'm such a wimp when it comes to tests!!!

23-02-09 12:47:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: OMG OMG OMG

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-02-09 14:40:20

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

tongue CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN  tongue

And breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Try looking forward to it (easy to say i know), use every spare second when your not training, preparing, thinking and planning....& GOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK!  big_smile big_smile

#3 23-02-09 16:18:46

scannermanh
Verified Member

There are lots of test reports on the forum that will
help you understand what is required by you in the test.
As binty says look forward to it, get it right and it's not
that hard but it aint that easy either.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#4 23-02-09 20:12:34

Cat8t3
Verified Member

You'll be great, just go with the mental attitude that you are going to pass and you will big_smile big_smile

I'm thinking about maybe taking some Kalms for a week before, see if they work, lol big_smile big_smile I havent even booked mine yet.

How long have you had your pink? Jus out of interest.

Cat

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#5 23-02-09 21:24:42

mattlilley
Verified Member
Website

lele, have just booked my part 3 aswell...18th march. My trainer has suggested that I take rescue remedy available from the chemist...its really good took it for my part 2 really calmed me down.

What date have you booked?

Best of luck

Matt

Part 1. Passed 16/4/08
Part 2. Passed 16/5/08
Part 3. Failed 1st attempt 17/3/09
Part 3. 2nd attempt Passed 01/05/09
1st Check Test Grade 6 31/3/10

#6 23-02-09 21:49:06

lele
Verified Member
Website

Thanks guys smile

Cat8t3  I have had my pink since 11th january only doing it part time though a couple of hours after work most days and on sundays to be honest I think I am more confused now though lol.

Mattlilley good luck for the 18th, I have booked it for the 6th April, tbh I booked it to coincide with OH part 3 test (different test centres) so that way we would be going through it together (well kind of).

As for the Kalms and rescue remedy I might go and buy both tomorrow and start taking them NOW!! I was terrible with my part 1 and part 2 and didn't sleep for the week before hand.

#7 23-02-09 21:58:37

mattlilley
Verified Member
Website

Keep off the Red Bull!!!!

Part 1. Passed 16/4/08
Part 2. Passed 16/5/08

#8 23-02-09 22:00:57

lele
Verified Member
Website

Mattlilley are you nervous for 18th March? are you on a pink?

Who did/are you training with?

#9 23-02-09 22:08:35

mattlilley
Verified Member
Website

yer bit nervous but had about 40hrs training so far.....so feeling confident...I think you've got to go in with a positive attitude.

Training with the AA. Got a great trainer can be a sod sometimes in role but thats all part of the learning.

Cant stop thinking under 4 weeks to go..trying to cram in as much info as I can while working full time and having two kids under 5, I revise and read about this time of night!!

Part 1. Passed 16/4/08
Part 2. Passed 16/5/08

#10 23-02-09 23:23:15

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

dont waste your money on kalms or rescue rememdy...boots own brand of stress relief tablets worked wonders for me...very calming and got me thru pts 2 & 3 smell awful but do the trick!

#11 24-02-09 10:14:00

lele
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Binty1968 off to Boots it is then  big_smile

#12 25-02-09 11:31:23

scannermanh
Verified Member

Beware!!!!
On my second attempt I had done a night shift the previous night,
started at 6pm the previous evening, finished and in bed at 2am
and up at 6am for a test at 8am. This made me feel slightly tired
but not too bad but VERY LAYED BACK, result was I missed lots of
things I should have seen and was not proactive enough to anticipate
mistakes he was gonna make and did.
I am not sure of the effect of these potions you are thinking of taking
but you need to be as mentally sharp as you can, the test is not a set
exercises, it changes all the time and you have to deal with this.
The nervousness is not in your body, its in your head so work on your head.
Having to take a third attempt to pass was a huge mental challenge, and on the lead
up to my final attempt I got really screwed up, but realised that it wasn't life or death
But the breakthough for me was to face the prospect of failing before the test, I then
thought I will give it the best attempt possible, I can pass but didn't care if it didn't work,
took the pressure off and passed 5/4, but the most amazing thing was I enjoyed the test
and am looking forward to my first CT(might eat my words after)
So FORGET ABOUT THE RESULT, prepare as much as you can, read other test reports and get an
insite to how its done, and then show the examiner what you can do.

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#13 25-02-09 22:07:15

lele
Verified Member
Website

Thanks scannermanh, I understand what you are saying about being sharp and on top of everything.  TBH I think I will take something the day before just to ensure I sleep properly the night before.

I am quiet shocked that I haven't really thought about the part 3 today smile just trying to think of it as a new pupil starting in April  big_smile or 2 new pupils (twins at different stages of driving lol) 

#14 25-02-09 22:14:26

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

Now then Lele wink
You have had your pink since January, so well done for that wink

Ask yourself this :?

When you go and meet a pupil for the 1st time, what do you do to ensure they stay safe and learning takes place?

When you answer the question, you should understand that Part 3 is the same!

Treat the Examiner as one of your pupils and you will be fine, thats what I did!!

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

Board footer