You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-02-09 16:42:16

aliheald
Verified Member

How do I get seen?

Hi, i've done a quick search but nothing jumped out at me - the question is, having just spent many hours creating a website (my first), i'm wondering the best way of getting it seen on google (and any of the others).......

I think the answer is going to be 'Adwords' but that is looking expensive.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Alison

18-02-09 16:42:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How do I get seen?

#2 19-02-09 07:04:11

driverpete
Verified Member

Make sure that your website contains lots of the words and phrases that people are going to search on ("driving instructors, anytown", "driving schools, anytown", etc.). That's all I did and I'm on page 1 of Google all the time for my local area. It's not a technically whizzy site but it's clean, written in good English and clear - and it gets the enquiries in.

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

#3 20-02-09 10:45:22

Target
Verified Member
Website

...........and your website is????

First rule.....Why not show everyone!

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#4 22-02-09 19:30:05

aliheald
Verified Member

tongue Your right, got to start putting my web address on everything.  I've just added it to my profile but its:  www.passwithalison.co.uk - pretty simple title!

Thanks for the responses, i've invested in adwords for a short while to see how it goes.

Cheers

Ali

#5 22-02-09 20:15:30

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

Nice site...shame about the price!
sorry  :?

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

#6 22-02-09 21:41:07

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

Small thing, the description tag... put a bit more than "driving lessons wolverhampton".

Yes use keywords in it, but make sure that it gives a bit more information like "Driving lessons in wolverhampton can be taken with a friendly female driving instructor" that way you've got several keywords, including the female part which some pupils do look for.

Next is get the search engines finding it, submit it to as many places as possible.

Rob

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

Board footer