You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-03-05 11:35:59

sophiecr_85

Faults on my 3 driving tests

I have been asked 2 post my faults from my driving test and hopefully ppl will have 'words of wisdom' for me  wink  wink so here it goes!:

1st test -

Moved out in front of a car at a junction, which consequently had to slow down because of me.

Took too long on the Reverse bay park in the test centre.

2nd test-

Forgetting to signal when moving away from the side of the road into the flow of traffic (major for moving away safely)

not stopping quick enough during the emergency stop excercise, apparently I "stopped as if I was stopping at a set of traffic lights" according to the examiner!!!

3rd test-

speeding!! 40mph in a 30mph (soooo stupid i know!!!!!!!!!!!) and turning right at a junction, I edged forward, made traffic go round me and got a major - another really stupid stupid error!!

4th time lucky, hopefully!!

:cry:    :cry:  Sophie xxx

Passed theory 1st time - 17th feb 04
failed practical 1st time 2s 13m- 15th july 04
failed practical 2nd time! 2s 8m- 2nd dec 04
failed practical 3rd time! 2s 13m- 24th feb 05
failed practical 4th and 5th time
passed practical 6th time lucky commmeee on!!

23-03-05 11:35:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Faults on my 3 driving tests

#2 23-03-05 11:45:38

Django

On your third test, was your edge forward a major to  minor road or emerging?

You also had loads of minors what were the majority of them for?

BTW I had a pupil fail last Monday for thinking he was in a 40 when like you he was in a 30. The rest of his sheet was clean so think how gutted he was!!!

#3 23-03-05 12:44:42

sophiecr_85

On ym 3rd test, i was emerging from a minor road to a major road (in barnet) i was going 40 in a 30, thought the same as ure pupil, although I thought the road was national speed limit, didnt notice the houses that were set back!!

On my 3rd test - 13minors my minors were for:

control on reverse park -1
control on turn in road - 1
mirrors 3 (1-signalling) (1-change direction) (1-change speed)
necessary signals -1
use of speed -1 (1 major as well)
undue hestitation -1
turning right at junction -1 (major for observation at junction)
cutting corners - 1
positioning during normal driving -2
position/normal stops -1

so a bit all over the place really!!!

it was snowing during my test tho!!, probs put me off a bit!

Sophie

#4 23-03-05 13:01:11

Django

I find that while you should take heed of your serious faults and learn from them they are usually things you wouldn't normally do. Stupid lapses in concerntration and I normally find that the place to concerntrate on are repeated minors. You're the exception that proves the rule. lol  As you said they are all over the place.

Whatever the weather is doing you can't let it put you off. When you pass your test you will be driving in all sorts of conditions and be able to adapt. 

I'm sure your ADI has a plan to prepare you for your next test. Talk it through with him/her. As your faults are spread over the whole sheet and not confined to two or three areas decide with him/her want areas you need to tackle first.

With propper planing you should sail through the next one.

#5 23-03-05 16:25:29

sophiecr_85

I have been doin exactly that with my ADI, I have been back 2 where I failed, and so now I know excalty how to tackle the junction. If only I had blocked the whole junction, not part of it, then I would have been alrite and got away with it!

I am only having lessons every other week, and Ive got about another 4 before by test, although I am finding that my mistakes never are consistent, I seem to have silly things that I do each lesson, like yesterday, I kept forgetting to change right down the gear when slowing down, I changed straight from 4-1, Ive never done that b4!!, dont know y i did it know!!

There isnt 1 particular area that I find difficult, so I am just practising general driving every lesson until my test,

Thank you for your replies!

What area do you teach in?

Sophie

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 23-03-05 17:20:26

Django

sophiecr_85 wrote:

What area do you teach in?

Sophie

Errrrrrr? lol

Lincolnshire wink

Oh and a bit of South Yorkshire and Notts.

#7 23-03-05 18:30:51

sophiecr_85

oh sorry, only noticed that u had it written under your s/n after adding the post, im soo stupid!!!

#8 25-03-05 10:56:57

ashley

majors:serious for my control on reverse round corner,serious for my control on turn in the road,serious for my obs on turn in the road,serious for driving with the handbrake on,serious for normal driving positioning.

minors:2 for gears control,1 for steering control,1 for moving off control,1 for mirrors when changing direction,1 for use of speed,1 for following distance,1 for correct speed progress,1 for obs at junction,3 for normal driving position,1 for position/normal stops.

#9 25-03-05 15:37:20

luchell

Sophie, have you been taught to go down through each gear when coming to a stop? Although you cannot be failed for it if you do it properly, it is preferred when a pupil block changes down through the gears. When this is done effectively it is far easier.

#10 26-03-05 13:34:47

sophiecr_85

yeah i have been taught, and I know how 2 go down the gears, but just having a lapse on that lesson! Never done it b4!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 12-11-05 15:38:38

sophiecr_85

sophiecr_85 wrote:

I have been asked 2 post my faults from my driving test and hopefully ppl will have 'words of wisdom' for me  wink  wink so here it goes!:

1st test -

Moved out in front of a car at a junction, which consequently had to slow down because of me.

Took too long on the Reverse bay park in the test centre.

2nd test-

Forgetting to signal when moving away from the side of the road into the flow of traffic (major for moving away safely)

not stopping quick enough during the emergency stop excercise, apparently I "stopped as if I was stopping at a set of traffic lights" according to the examiner!!!

3rd test-

speeding!! 40mph in a 30mph (soooo stupid i know!!!!!!!!!!!) and turning right at a junction, I edged forward, made traffic go round me and got a major - another really stupid stupid error!!

4th time lucky, hopefully!!

:cry:    :cry:  Sophie xxx

Well I know its been a longgggg time since Ive last posted! But in that time I took another 3 tests and guess what!!!

I PASSED on my 6th attempt!!, was stating to give up on taking tests, but im glad i didnt!! Im about to get a car next weekend, a Renault Clio. I cant waittt!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

sophzz xxx

#12 12-11-05 17:57:47

Django

Hey well done Sophie,

Glad you got there in the end. big_smile

#13 13-11-05 11:30:33

luchell

well done!! good on you for sticking it out. Good luck with the car hunting wink

#14 15-11-05 00:01:21

Cesare

Well done on passing your test, Sophie. Having said that, given the speed of replies on this forum, you'll probably read my message sometime during 2006!!

Congratulations anyway and safe and happy driving!   wink

Steve (aka 'Barolo')

#15 15-11-05 10:48:07

SusiQ

well done with your pass...it just goes to show that persiverance pays off (however you spell it  lol )

Hope you enjoy your new found freedom when you get your car, thats when it all starts to feel real!
CONGRATULATIONS  big_smile

Board footer