You are not logged in.

#1 16-02-09 16:37:54

stidds
Verified Member

1st Check Test on its way - advice wanted

Well it only seems like 5 minutes ago that I passed my part 3 and now here we have my 1st Check Test.

I have already planned for this and had a session of private tuition on my instructing with an ex-SEADI in my local area.  It was great use as it cleared up a few errors on my part and taught me some really useful information and training techniques.

However, now the Check Test is looming (April 15) I am starting to worry a bit.

I just want any advice to help me through it.

I am taking a pupil who although was a very good driver about 2 months ago, he is now very nervous due to the fact that a driver in a Transit Van hit us in the rear at a junction.  My learner now has issues with junctions and nerves (he sometimes holds his breath leaving a junction), we have been working on his issues and he is getting much better but he will need a lot more work to get him back to his previous standard.  The good thing is that I know when he will make an error and also know when he is getting nervous and needs a helping hand.

We are going to do Junctions on the CT, just want to know what experiences others have with junctions and also any pointers people can give me.

Thanks

Sean

ADI Part 1 - Passed July 2006
ADI Part 2 - Passed August 2007
ADI Part 3 - Delayed Pass June 2008
ADI Part 3 - Passed August 2008

16-02-09 16:37:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st Check Test on its way - advice wanted

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-02-09 17:10:43

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

Just had my letter to. Also for April.
Not given it too much thought yet though. It's unknown territory so am actually looking forward to it.

As Stidds says above, any advice welcome.

#3 16-02-09 18:55:30

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Hi Stidds.

You've got 2 months before your check test, I would have hoped in that time you'd have moved your pupil on and solved at least some of those problems. I wouldn't start 'planning' for another month at least. I know that if I took one of my pupils and tried to plan what I'd be doing with them in 8 weeks time I'd have no clue.

I only decided about 10 days before which pupil to take and the lesson content could have been 1 of 2 things - they had just passed their test so we did Motorway driving. Had they not passed it would have been going over faults from why they failed.

All the advice you will get on here - which is great advice - is make the lesson relevant and flow from the pupils previous lesson.

Board footer