You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-02-09 13:03:45

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Failed Part 2 1st Attempt

Hi all,

Failed yesterday - 0 minors, 2 serious (use of speed and traffic lights).  sad

Use of speed - missed a 30 sign after exiting motorway - stupid.

Traffic lights - interesting one - turning right, van ahead of me in the right turn reservation area, oncoming traffic, I stopped behind the stop line as there was a cycle lane on the crossing as well as the studded area for pedestrians to cross, had I pulled forward behind the van I would have been straddling the pedestrian studded area on the crossing. Waited ages, van eventually went I began to follow and the lights changed, they hit red just as I began the right turn. SE said I should have been closer to the van and not hung back behind the stop line, he said it wouldn't have been ideal as I would have been straddling the crossing but it would have been the right thing to do. As far as I was aware, you are supposed to keep cycle lanes and pedestrian crossings clear when queuing? Any thoughts?

I've put straight back in for my 2nd attempt as I feel I'm at the required standard as I recieved 0 minors.

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

10-02-09 13:03:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed Part 2 1st Attempt

#2 10-02-09 21:45:07

monkeymon138
Verified Member

Seems a bit harsh that one, really glad a situation like that didn't happen to me as I think I would have done the same....
Good luck next time!

ADI Part 1 passed 03/01/09
ADI Part 2 passed 10/02/09
ADI Part 3 passed 08/09/09

#3 10-02-09 21:56:37

tony adi
Verified Member
Website

If the crossing can't be used (light would be red for pedestrians) while your queuing on green light to turn right, situation is slightly different. Part 2 is advanced driving, coping with real world situations, adapting and interpreting the sometimes strict guidelines. If you were going ahead at junction may have been viewed slightly differently by SE. That's the thing with part 2, you need to show a higher standard, not only in the physical driving of the car but in the understanding of driving and adapting to circumstances. Classic example of SHOULD do something not MUST.

www.selbydriving.co.uk

12.gif

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy
state of things.”
~ Winston Churchill

#4 11-02-09 12:07:36

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Tony, I've had a bit of feedback over on Blaine Walsh's forum. I should have got closer to the van, even if that meant staddling the crossing. It's plugged a knowledge gap though. Both faults happened in the last 10 minutes of drive so gutted that I lost my concentration - otherwise I'd have passed with 0 faults.

#5 11-02-09 12:09:13

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Thanks monkeymon - many congratulations to you! Well done!  smile  smile  smile

#6 11-02-09 17:43:14

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Hi eddlad

You should feel good about the standard you have set with your driving. You missed 1 sign and the other fault you acted in a way you believed to be correct. What you have learned here is that you CAN pass this test and by your account you can pass easily.

Best of luck with your next (and hopefully final) attempt

#7 11-02-09 19:19:09

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Doc, I appreciate the words of support.

Regards

Edd

Board footer