You are not logged in.

#1 06-02-09 16:49:39

johnnya
Verified Member

Hours of instruction

Can anyone tell me if there is a limit on the number of hours you can instruct when on a trainee licence, I am going for a mock test next week in preparation for my first attempt at part 3, however I am led to believe that the pass rate for the first attempt is not great and thought that a trainee licence would perhaps be the way to go if I were to fail on my first go.
Any relevant advice or experience on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

06-02-09 16:49:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hours of instruction

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-02-09 17:12:49

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

The most important thing to remember is that a trainee license is an extra training tool....and not a means to earn a living. Enough hours to cover your expenses should be your maximum.

You still need enough time to read/study plus do everything else in your life, plus have a break from it too.

There are no 'hour limits' set in stone, but you will have to do a further 20hrs training within the first 6 wks of being on a trainee license.
When i was on my trainee license i did anything between 10 and 20 hours per week...must add very rarely did 20hrs that was very rare. My average was about 15hrs and i didnt have another job to work round.

Good luck with PT3..dont go into it thinking first time pass rates are low i wont do it...if your prepared and capable it is possible! Be positive and be in control!

#3 06-02-09 18:04:55

Luchell
Verified Member

Great advice from Binty above, one thing that helped me to figure out if I was over doing it when i used a pink to prepare for my part three were the words of my trainers. 'If you find you get home after lessons and you're too exhausted to review each one and analyse them you're doing too much'. Whether or not anyone else agrees with that I'm not too bothered but it helped me. Initially I was shocked at how much it took out of me teaching each day although of course it got easier as time went on. Another bit of advice was that it's easier to start with less pupils see how you go and if you need to add one or two than to start with too many and try to get rid of some. Start slow and build if at all possible.

I wouldn't recommend jacking a job in to go on a pink, the reason I left Nursing to start full time on my pink was there was nothing left for me in nursing that i was able physically to still do and no sick pay as it was the private sector. For me I had nothing to lose whereas others may well.

I can't estimate how many hours will be good for one person or another but would encourage a pdi to think through similar to what i did regarding starting slow and building up if need be and making sure you were never too exhausted to leave you unable to evaluate your day lesson by lesson, after all the pink is only ever what you make of it  wink

It never occured to me that I was fighting a losing battle regarding first time pass rates for part three or anything else for that matter, I passed all 3 parts first time part 3 pst 10 5/4. All that mattered to me was that I felt confident in my own ability and had used as much time and experience as i could to feel well prepared for it. I can honestly say i really did enjoy my part 3 and that was before i got the result  lol

Board footer