You are not logged in.

#1 02-02-09 21:28:25

FAZ

On pink now,nervous times

just got my pink on 19th,got car insured ,guys the waveney insurance company is it good?any1 dealt with them,i found they fast on insuring me,my trainer gav me 3 clients,and 1 just cancelled his lessons what a blow,first leson tomorow and nerves are coming left right center now,got 1 hour with him,and then going for his test straight away.i am dreading it,first day and straight to deep end ,anyways i post how it went next time.

02-02-09 21:28:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: On pink now,nervous times

#2 02-02-09 21:34:42

VandADI
Administrator

Waveneys are a very reputable insurance company, and very competetive, so you can't go far wrong with them.
Good luck for tomorrow, that is if the weather is not against you, but I do have one question : How do you know your lad tomorrow is at test standard, you only have an hour before the test to assess his capablities?
Don't feel pressurised by your trainer to take candidates to test if YOU don't think they are ready, don't be afraid to say "No!"

#3 02-02-09 21:49:47

The Saint
Verified Member

I would echo exactly what Vanda has said.

Don't forget that the SE at your test centre will be monitoring the standard of candidates that you present for tests. It may well be that your trainer has given you a pupil who is suitable, so I wouldn't worry too much. But worth bearing in mind for the future.

We are all here to help so please let us know how you get on. There can't be many problems you will encounter that at least one of us hasn't dealt with!

Good luck...

Did you think you didn't have to choose it?
That I alone could win or lose it?
In all the places we were hiding love
What was it we were thinking of?

#4 03-02-09 16:13:56

FAZ

Went to give the lad the lesson,all my nerves went when i saw he was like looking upto me for advise,my confidense grew,shame the lad forgot the timing of the test and i took him thinking we are 15min early,reachig there we were late,felt so sorry for him,he was looking forward o passing today,offered to take him free  for next test.overall he was very happy with me and me wow 1st hurdle(1st lesson)out of the way,1 question though,where do they sign the license

#5 03-02-09 16:19:10

VandADI
Administrator

They don't need to sign the licence, not anymore  wink
Hey, learn from this experience, I did.  Always ask to see the appointment letter as soon as you can,  that way you have double checked time/date/location, alternatively, check online, you should have the info to hand to be able to check on their behalf.  wink(You will need driving licence number, application reference number/theory test pass cert number, 2 out of 3 are required)

#6 03-02-09 17:13:00

evondoll
Verified Member
Website

Do you meen the lad forgot what time his test was at? Or that you miss calculated how long it would take to get to the test centre from his house?
I always ask for all there docs as soon as I pick them up for test and have a quick check through them. Put them in glove box after that so they can't get lost between house and test centre! smile
If the lad was daft enough to forget what time his test was at there is no way I'd offer to take him free next time (and I also hope you were paid today)!

Evon x

#7 03-02-09 18:06:49

FAZ

yes thank god i got paid,my first earnins as a pdi lol,he totally mixed up the timings,well he admited his fault,lad was realy nice,was realy upset so tght might aswell give himfree test lesson,gives me more experience if ou know what i mean,

#8 03-02-09 22:29:02

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi Faz
A little bit of advice i was given when i was a PDI was;never accept a pupil for test if YOU havn't assessed him first.
This was given to me as the EX was walking back. yikes
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Board footer