You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-01-09 16:29:19

Carlo
Verified Member

Transferring Host

Hi all,

At the moment my website is being hosted by Jay Web Solutions (or whatever he may be called now!).  It's all working fine but I am a little worried that at any moment my site will go down and I have no way of getting hold of him and can't even find the login screen for the control panel (as I think that the whole business has change hands) sad.

How easy is it to transfer your host?.  I registered the domain name myself so that's not a problem.  Is it just a matter of choosing a new host and uploading the file and hey presto!?  I designed my site and have all the files so again that is not a problem again!

Thanks for any advice in advance
Carlo smile

"It's easy when you know how!"

27-01-09 16:29:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Transferring Host

#2 27-01-09 16:48:21

Aspyre

Very easy.. you just need to have the domain tag transferred to point to youre new host.

only problem is existing host has to transfer it for you unless you have a contrl panel where you can request it.

you can do it thru nominet http://www.nic.uk/ but both people need to complete the form.

#3 27-01-09 20:43:32

Carlo
Verified Member

hmmm can see problems ahead..

Also if I do manage to transfer, will it effect my google/search engine ranking?

#4 27-01-09 21:39:33

Disky
Verified Member
Website

isnt just a case of logging into the place that you registered it with (bought from) and change the nameservers to the ones of your new host ?

Thats all i need to do, i bought mine from www.123-reg.co.uk never had any issues,, and my site used to hosted by Jonks, just did everything via 123.

#5 28-01-09 19:13:20

Disky
Verified Member
Website

mines is a .co.uk ?

#6 31-01-09 10:58:21

Carlo
Verified Member

Ok...

So i'm in the market for a new host.  I've had a few recommended to me, which is a good start smile.  Last night I stubbled across www.justhost.com has anybody heard of them?  or even used them?  They seem to do all the things I need and some.  Just interested in opinions! smile

Board footer