You are not logged in.

#1 26-01-09 22:18:24

pbsom

Red Traffic light - didn't know they meant go!

3 times in one day - omg! No- not me!!

Travelling into a town in my local area.  Two lanes of traffic. All traffic waiting patiently. Before the light even turns to amber the person in front of me moves off on a red light.

Travelling on a single road about 10 mins later. Stop for a red light at a pedestrian crossing. Pedestrian (with children) just manage to get their feet on the pavement, the opposing vehicle moves away just missing them. Lights are still on red.

were doing well!!

about an hour later in a different town. Stop on a red situated on a heavily used roundabout. Taxi next to me sees roundabout is clear, doesn't wait for the green and moves on the red.!!

Makes you wonder what their thinking at the time they go to drive on........hmmmmmm, certainly not on rules and regs' of the road.

26-01-09 22:18:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Red Traffic light - didn't know they meant go!

#2 27-01-09 01:52:13

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
I have seen this a few times and nearly been caught out by it myself (started to move then realised and stopped again).

But they have generally been places where for instance there is another light, in the junction complex, a bit further ahead which changes to green earlier than the one you should be watching; or a junction where there is a filter left with a full red/amber/green sequence but it has an extra set of lights further forward and the brain registers the changing sequence and triggers a response.

#3 27-01-09 10:19:31

Spike
Verified Member

But didn't you know? Normal traffic laws don't apply to taxis  big_smile

#4 27-01-09 17:10:01

pbsom

oh...higway code not apply to taxi's.....got it! lol

#5 27-01-09 23:50:13

dog
Verified Member

I see people go through red lights every day. It's a common occurrence around here. Coming out of a small supermarket down the road it's a T-junction on a hill, and you can't see left or right from the line.

The other day, woman in big 4x4 just drives straight through it without even stopping, and turns right, across 4 lanes of traffic!

#6 28-01-09 00:03:55

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
My pet hate is pups slowing or stopping when the lights are on green because they can see traffic approaching from there right;but then,after giving them a flea in the ear for doing so,trying to explain that they have to watch out for people who go through a red light! :cry:
It can be a bit confusing for the poor wee pups tongue.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Board footer