You are not logged in.

#1 22-01-09 22:17:04

kte

Hi ya all. Need any advice on part 2, Please!!!!

I've got my part 2 test in 3 weeks & am now really doubting myself. Even thinking is this for me.. Putting that down to nerves!! Does everyone feel like that?? Also if anyone has any advice, what to look out for etc would really appreciate it.. Thankyou all.....

22-01-09 22:17:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi ya all. Need any advice on part 2, Please!!!!

#2 22-01-09 22:32:57

lele
Verified Member
Website

Hi Kte,

I know exactly how you feel, because i felt exactly the same way as you feel at the moment.

I remember waiting for my part 2 test thinking, I can't do this I was so nervous, and remember thinking I dont think this is for me, I was so close to cancelling my test and leaving it at that.

I am now so glad I didn't I passed my Part 2 test then complted my 40 hours part 3 training, and have now gone on a pink License on a part time basis (I also have full time day job).

I can honestly say I absolutley love it and look forward to most lessons (apart from one very trying pupil) I think back now about my nerves prior to the Part 2 test and am so glad I continued.

Just got to get over the part 3 nerves now aghhhhhhh smile

You will be fine on your part 2, just remember evrything you have been taught and I am sure you will be fine.

Lele

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 23-01-09 02:40:22

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

I'm in the same boat - Part 2 in 3 weeks yikes I'm trying to stay focused, getting as much practise in as I can and keeping a positive mental attitude. Good luck to you all!  smile

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

#4 24-01-09 00:10:10

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

Relax, drive how you would normally drive.  Habits are down to how long you have been driving, and most common are, following distance, late braking, cross hand steering, poor obs when reversing along with speed limit nibbling.  Easy peasy to sort as long as you strive to drive correctly all the time and not just 'when practising'

Good luck, any questions, just shout.

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#5 24-01-09 15:50:11

kte

Thank you all for your replies. I'ts nice to hear from people in the same situation as yourself. Good luck Lele in part 3, you sound like you've done really well. And to you snaxMuppet & Eddlad, hope all goes well for part 2. And thanks Lily-Anne, i'll hold you to that but try not to bother you too much!!

#6 24-01-09 16:03:27

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Part 2 is a total breeze if you understand what is being assessed. (And I hate describing any test as easy, as it depends on the person).

Smooth controls, be aware of your surroundings, maintain a business-like speed without being agressive, and be reasonably accurate with your overal handling of the vehicle. (Note the word reasonably).

Part 2 is not about being perfect or extra-ordinary. It's about reasonable control of the car whilst demostrating good safety practices.

Nowt more, nowt less.

If it would help, ask a competant ADI to give you a demo drive.

#7 24-01-09 22:29:03

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Let us know how you get on kte, I'll post my result when I get it. I dont want to disclose the exact test date though lol! Good luck with part 2 snaxmuppet and thanks for the feedback Kevin.

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

Board footer