You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-01-09 20:34:38

aliheald
Verified Member

Mirrors in new road

Hi, expect this has been asked before.......

When entering a new road, do you ensure pupil checks centre mirror only or centre and right mirror.  I always do 'centre, right' check but a friend of mine who is coming up for his 2nd part 3 test has just been told you only ask them to check their centre mirror.  This is contradicting what his first trainer taught him (and me).

Any thoughts please...

Thanks

Alison

19-01-09 20:34:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Mirrors in new road

#2 19-01-09 20:52:05

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi Alison
I would get them to check right mirror;for the numpty who cant be bothered to wait to get past the 'slow' learner.
Happened to me and my pupil this morning;slightly slow moving off at a busy junction;guy behind overtook us as we were turning right!
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#3 19-01-09 21:41:23

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

But if you were turning right you'd do centre right mirrors anyway.....

Normally only get pupils to check centre mirrors when in new road - just like before braking - as they're going straight ahead.

#4 20-01-09 08:07:14

driverpete
Verified Member

I teach them to do what I do - effective observations. Left mirror so i can see the corner I've just come round (someone may be following me in), centre mirror for whoever may have already followed me in, right mirror for the boy racer who can't wait to get past.

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 20-01-09 08:22:04

GrahamADI
Verified Member

I teach them to do what I do - effective observations. Left mirror so i can see the corner I've just come round (someone may be following me in), centre mirror for whoever may have already followed me in, right mirror for the boy racer who can't wait to get past.

Ditto

#6 20-01-09 18:50:06

ExAdiNigel

Depending on what level the ex is playing, why not get him to tell you?  Good bit of Q&A and he'll be singing like a bird! big_smile

Some examiners may want 1, 2 or 3 mirrors checked.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#7 21-01-09 00:11:57

Madiggy
Verified Member

Hi to all those I recognise on here.

I think it starts with the question what do you as the driver
1) need to know
and
2) want to know

If that information is found in the mirrors then they need to be used.

I believe the timing has a bearing on what was happening before you turn as well.

So Q+A is essential

Ian

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

Board footer