You are not logged in.

#1 16-01-09 14:11:17

Bern Roberts
Verified Member
Website

Dealing with unwanted withheld calls

Hi guys,

I recently left my current web hosting and design company after receiving, what I can only describe as the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Since I left I've been getting at least 5 calls a day from a withheld number. If I answer it, theres just the sound of an office in the background, with a load of people laughing and messing around. I've tried to ignore it, tried just cutting them off immediately, tried answering then just leaving the phone alone (basically jsut to run up their phone bill). But still they persist. Its getting stupid now, because I don't want to ignore every withheld number, as it could be a potential pupil calling.

Anyone got any suggestions for getting them off my back?

16-01-09 14:11:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Dealing with unwanted withheld calls

#2 16-01-09 14:17:00

rooster
Verified Member

BT, (British Telecomm) have a number to ring for you to notify nuisance calls, it'll be on their web site somewhere, I've seen it.
I am a retired Police Officer, and before these facilities of call-barring etc. were available, all we could do was advise that when it happened again, (and you heard the heavy breathing), blow a whistle into the mouthpiece of the phone! I loaned my whistle to a few victims over the years, got some very satisfied feedback!!!!

Nowadays you might risk being prosecuted for causing aural injury - but hey, the satisfaction!

#3 16-01-09 14:19:57

Bern Roberts
Verified Member
Website

lol That might work.. but I think its a computer dialing my number and the people on the other end just aren't picking it up. I tried shouting.. that didn't work. Its my mobile they are calling not a landline btw..

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 16-01-09 14:21:34

rooster
Verified Member

It's here ................. all sorts of solutions offerred

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/p … ts=345,351

#5 16-01-09 14:46:03

VandADI
Administrator

Sometimes, if a person has a contacts list on their mobile that is voice activated or if their mobile is in their pocket and not been locked, it can inadvertently call that person up without realising it hence why you can hear people in the back ground - so it maybe someone that you know that is either talking about you or not locking their phone  wink

#6 18-01-09 18:46:27

Bern Roberts
Verified Member
Website

I've been getting at least 5 calls a day every day for the last 2 weeks. It can't be an accident.

#7 18-01-09 19:31:44

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

I also get about 5 a day usually late afternoon.  Whenever I see 'withheld' or an 0800 number coming up I just leave it to my answering machine, they never leave a message.

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#8 19-01-09 11:50:32

Bern Roberts
Verified Member
Website

I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't leave a message. Its the fact that they are filling up my mailbox with 3 minutes of noise every time they call thats annoying me.

Board footer