You are not logged in.

#1 13-01-09 17:31:32

mon
Verified Member
Website

Cringing

Hi,just reviewed the lesson I give on Saturday on my Dictaphone,even though my wife says I don't have a strong Norn Iron accent I cringe everytime I hear my own voice.Is this common?Do most of you ADI/Pdis hate the sound of your own voice??
mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

13-01-09 17:31:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Cringing

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-01-09 18:03:23

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Yep.

Hate it. I sound awful. Misplaced accent and a complete inability to pronounce the letter L.

I make up for it by trying to speak as clearly as possible and ensure that what is say is concise and effective. Enthusiasm helps too!

#3 13-01-09 18:07:26

driver69

LOL, welcome to the club.  Could be worse you could be from stroke city.  Imagine what Nadine Coyle must think when she watches her self on interviews  smile

Funny how our own voice always sounds so bad when we hear it back.

#4 14-01-09 16:44:35

mon
Verified Member
Website

Below is a response from Blaines Forum to my post....lol

Dont Laugh,

I once had a pupil, a real looker, who one saturday I pulled up at her house and her husband was outside washing the car. I had never met him before.
He walked over to the car, held out his hand for me to shake and giggled and told me his missus keeps saying my name out loud in her sleep..........followed by 'I did check my mirrors, honest'
When she got in the car she went red in the face and told me as soon as she shuts her eyes she just keeps hearing my voice giving her directions. 

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#5 14-01-09 21:28:16

kjs
Verified Member
Website

I sound like I'm pi$$ed when I listen to myself.

p.s. I not really, just sounds it  lol

kevin

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 14-01-09 21:32:21

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

as soon as she shuts her eyes she just keeps hearing my voice giving her directions.

I always joke with my pupils that by the end of their training they will always hear me in their head and that I wouldn't be doing my job correctly if they didn't!

One of my favourite phrases is "progress, progress, progress", young lady I'm teaching at the mo now keeps saying it to her Dad - think he's ready to throttle her!!!

Board footer