You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-01-09 10:40:35

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Part 3 Pass

Well finally i did it,

After 2 years and having been on the pink i finally cracked the big fella yeaterday.

Failed 3 previous attempts, just couldn't get on with the upgrade that did the part 3 at our local test centre (reputation preceedes them) but i won't go into that.

Heres a brief run thru as i still cant remember much. lol

Test centre booked for 08:45 test, arrived 08:35. Spoke to a few adi's that i know in the waiting room, ex came thru and asked me to sing the declaration etc. Looked at the sheet, it was PST 4 rev round corner and emerging T junctions.

Phase 1 Right Rev

Got to the car, did cockpit etc and objective for session, then drove to site for rev ma. Corrected faults on the way which were erratic clutch movements, so i expected a control fault on rev because of this.

Pulled up a good bit infornt of the left rev as i was expecting, then the ex asked me to do the RIGHT rev ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooops, hadn't expected that one,, but, grabbed the bull by the horns.
Gave briefing, and explained how we would take up a safe place on the right after the junction, went thru all the bits and bobs forobs etc.

In position i recapped the objective of control and safety, talked him thru it with using 2 ref points which were, kerb oin middle of right door mirrors and kerb halfway accross rear right side window, whilst making "EFFECTIVE" obs, did full talk thru,, didnt let him get away with anything, made sure he got bite and then "LOCKED IN THAT FOOT SO IT DOESNT MOVE", a little jecrk on the clutch and i stopped him, Q&A to discover he was using floating heel system, asked if he could try again with heel on floor, this corrected the controll factor. Round we went, talking thru all obs as we went. Got 3 attempts on the right rev, by 3rd, i was well on way and halfway round, after point of turn i got him independant to complete the man. Going to the 4th one, he said we had finished and to pull him up on the left so he could make some notes.

At this stage i thought the phase 1 went well, expected a 4, felt really confident.

Phase 2 emerging T's.

Briefed at spot we had stopped, wentpf and did emerging. First emerge he was trying to go right of centre line on approach, no mirror checks and too fast. Stopped him about 5 mtrs from give way line, asked for  confirmation of position , speed and obs as he had confirmed all this on Q&A. He then gave me right answer but had no ref points for any. As we were stopped, i explained that this was ok as there were no vehicles behind us and it was important that he understood the dangers of these faults.

Again, he played well, sorted all points, and he emerged well, next one i prompted for position, which he sorted, and also position of give way IF we had to stop. again, got in just as he started to show signs of this fault, this quickly sorted it out.

I missed one coasting fault on a msall decline to a give way, he started to accelerate, caught this with mirrors off gas and 10mph by the time we get to the yellow car (10 mtrs from junction). he complied, well. but in debrief he told me although he accelerated, he then put the clutch down as i was correcting the fault, (sneaky *****).

Debrief was as follows:

All went well, i thought a 4 for phase 1, he said it was one of the best he had seen and gave me a good solid 5, just missing a 6 ,, i was ecstatic at this point, gave me a 4 for phase 2 and explained how he got the coasting in..... by this time i was on my way to ADI heaven passing cloud number 9 as i went lol

Timescales:

from passing part 1 theory test, it took 4 weeks to the day. Part 1 was 98 /73, Part 2 was completed the day after the part 1 with only 2 faults, part 3 was a 5/4

And now iim £300 shorter and an ADI  :afro:

My previous issues were purely down to an issue with me and the ex at the time, we got on, but,, never really gelled. so if you find you cant get on with the EX doing part 3, move TC, i found that the onei got this time came from middlesborough and was the same that did my part 2 (at a diff TC) was a gem of a bloke, very helpful and nice. As l;ong as you fix the faults, they will play ball. Thanks Geoff !!!

Regards
Ray

08-01-09 10:40:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 Pass

#2 08-01-09 12:18:31

jazzyc
Verified Member
Website

congrats well done for sticking with it!

#3 08-01-09 16:27:16

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Hoots Man congratulationssssssssssssssss!!
Soooooooooo chuffed for u Ray Well done!!!!

#4 08-01-09 16:50:40

kjs
Verified Member
Website

#5 08-01-09 18:20:54

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

Well done a great result smile

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

#6 08-01-09 20:48:23

sipin
Verified Member

Well done, keeping at it got the result you wanted

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#7 08-01-09 21:06:24

Disky
Verified Member
Website

thanks folks,,, was very pleased

just  waiting on that green fella so i can start again making some sort of a living smile

But a big thanks to all here, especially EKAL and John55 as we've been working together for a long time on this, cheers guys.

#8 08-01-09 21:12:05

mani
Verified Member

Congratulations, thanks for a nice write up.

#9 08-01-09 22:28:18

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Nice one sneeky drawers tongue

felt for you on each one of your attempts with the superbitch from your TC, a different EX on any of they occassions would have got you a pass neutral

Been a long haul Ray, but nice to see you finally pass, WE just need to get that slapheed fay Stirling through now, then we can have a big big bevvy tongue

anyway, once again well done mate, and remember your on the bell on sat :evil:

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#10 08-01-09 22:48:03

john55
Verified Member

big congratulations wee man. great result, well deserved.

now that your gonna be earning 30k a year you can buy the coffee and cream buns next time we meet up.  big_smile

If you can't do it safely don't do it at all

#11 09-01-09 01:25:00

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Oh Aye,, and you really need cream buns

hahahahahahaha

#12 09-01-09 06:05:30

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Am really pleased for you Disky, a great start to the year, and heres hoping it only gets better for you smile

#13 09-01-09 12:20:47

rooster
Verified Member

You NEVER GAVE UP!  I know just how feel - dead chuffed! 

Congratulations. 

Now you can join me in finding out how to make a wage????

#14 09-01-09 14:39:18

ams
Verified Member

Hi Disky,

Long time no speak - but all the very best and congratulations. Knew you could do it!

Qualified Oct 2001 - 1st Attempt 5/4.
Cardington Grade A.
Institute of Advanced Motorists.
NVQ A1 Assessors Award.
ORDIT registered parts 1, 2 & 3.
Grade 6 - April 07

#15 09-01-09 23:41:13

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Thanks guys,, lol,, diary is fulkl already for 2 weeks time,, even had the secretary of the local DIA take me out for a ruby murray tonight,,,, very nice of him smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#16 09-01-09 23:48:28

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Thanks guys,, lol,, diary is fulkl already for 2 weeks time,, even had the secretary of the local DIA take me out for a ruby murray tonight,,,, very nice of him smile

??????  Secretary & Him?????????

I thought all secretaries were wumin? wink

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#17 10-01-09 16:33:33

Luchell
Verified Member

CONGRATULATIONS HUN! Bet you're well chuffed and relieved! Enjoy your new career  wink smile

#18 10-01-09 22:38:25

Disky
Verified Member
Website

it feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllssssssssssssssss so good,, it almost hurts LOL

To anyone doing the part 3 at the mo,, if you read this,,, please keep at it,, you can do it !

#19 13-01-09 02:44:31

eddlad
Verified Member
Website

Many congratulations  smile and what a great write up!

http://chriseddydrivertuition.yolasite.com/

DSA ADI operating in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas.

#20 13-01-09 18:46:58

wolves
Verified Member

Well done Ray
How did you manage to take part2 the day after part1?
Regards Paul

Part 1.....100% & 57  passed 1st Time
Part 2.....4 minors     Passed 1st Time
Part 3.....3 & 3         Failed 1st attempt
part 3.....2 & 3         Failed 2nd attempt
part 3.....3 & 4         Failed 3rd attempt
part 1..Round2..96% & 68% passed 1st time
Part 2..Round2..3 minors 1 serious failed 1st attempt
Part 2..Round2..5 minors Passed 2nd attempt
Part 3..Round2..4 & 3 Failed 1st attempt
part 3..round2..3 & 3 failed 2nd attempt
part 3..round2..4 & 5 PASSED 3rd attempt woohoo!

#21 13-01-09 19:02:40

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Got a cancellation Paul,,,, my first part 3 attempt was cancelled due to weather, if i had done that it would have all happened within a fortnight smile

Board footer