You are not logged in.

#1 04-01-09 15:07:26

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Going Pink

Hi Everyone

Happy new year to you all. I am going on my Pink in February, but im so nervous about it. I have done lots of Theory revision, but not much practical, as my husband works away, and i have a day job. The only person insured on my car is my husband, and when we are in the car together, i find it hard to concentrate with the girls in the back.

However when i have my Part 3 lessons with my Trainer he says i'm doing so well, and im taking everything in. I am confident i know how to teach as i do enjoy my lessons with my Trainer and i do manage to tell him how to do everthing and regonise any faults and correct them as necessary. He says that im worrying about nothing, because thats the whole point of the pink, to actually get the practise and improve on my teachig methods.

Did any of you feel like this? Any advise or tips would be greatly apprecaited.

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

04-01-09 15:07:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Going Pink

#2 04-01-09 20:44:49

stsmith2212
Verified Member

Hi

I was also on a pink for 12 months. As you can see from my profile, I did not make an ADI  :cry: but had a great experience for those 12 months.
I remember being petrified when I had my very first pupil to pick up. My stomache was in bits and I remember thinking 'oh god, someone who has never driven a car before is going to get in my car and they are trusting me with their life to keep them safe and teach them to drive'!
The poor pupil was more nervous than me when she got in, so that calmed me down a bit, no good having two trembling nervous wrecks in charge of a car now is it?
The lesson went great. You have to remember that YOU KNOW MORE THAN THEM and they look up to you which gives you loads of confidence. In my training for part 3, one problem I had was not talking enough whilst on the move, but believe me, I did not stop rattling after I realised I was responsible for the safety of the pupils, and it was my safety and my car that needed protecting!
After about 2 or 3 lessons, there was no fear or nerves anymore. I gained loads of confidence as I got a few more pupils and felt so good when they booked me week after week. I got two pupils through their tests which was fantastic. big_smile

I was also worried about finding routes and suitable places for doing manouvres, but honestly it all comes so easy after a few lessons.

Well, good luck with your pink and for the future. Don't forget your write up after your first day on pinki.

One more thing, not one of my pupils knew i was a trainee
lol

Sandra x

Part 3...April 10th.... 2-2      Delayed success
Part 3...June 22nd......4-3     Delayed success
Part 3...Nov 09th ... 3-3        Delayed success

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!

2nd time around...

Part 1... Passed March 07   1st time
Part 2....Failed March 07
Part 2....Passed May 07
Part 3....Failed Jan 18th 08
Part 3....Failed March 08
Part 3....I think its all over.... IT IS NOW!  Failed oct 08

#3 04-01-09 20:47:02

stsmith2212
Verified Member

Oh one more thing, I had not used my duals much in training but my word you sure learn how and when to use them pretty fast yikes

Part 3...April 10th.... 2-2      Delayed success
Part 3...June 22nd......4-3     Delayed success
Part 3...Nov 09th ... 3-3        Delayed success

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!

2nd time around...

Part 1... Passed March 07   1st time
Part 2....Failed March 07
Part 2....Passed May 07
Part 3....Failed Jan 18th 08
Part 3....Failed March 08
Part 3....I think its all over.... IT IS NOW!  Failed oct 08

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 04-01-09 21:09:26

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Nearly time to try again Sandra smile

#5 04-01-09 23:14:09

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

A trainee license was an extra training tool i needed....some dont need it others do, after all we are all different, and if its the option u choose it should be just that...a training tool not a means of an income.

I know it gave me the confidence, experience and my green badge, along with my training/studying.

No one can say yes do it/no dont.....its what you feel will work for you, i couldnt imagine qualifying, then going straight to teaching with out actually having experienced it.

#6 05-01-09 20:05:53

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Thank you.  smile

I have a part time day job, so i do just want to use my Pink for the extra training and experience. Any money i do earn i plan to cover my petrol, and put any left over in the bank, i manage to survive on my day job income. Hopefully by doing this,until i jack the day job in, i wont see it as an extra income. Also i dont want to spend all the money and then owe the tax man.

Sandra, Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I really am nervous, worried. etc. Not just about the teaching to drive bit, but all the other things there are to know as well as teaching like, how much tests fees are, How to book tests etc etc. I'm also scared about arriving at the test centre for the 1st time and all other ADI's knowing your new  big_smile:?

I will do a write up of my 1st pupil, but i have a few more weeks before that happens tho. I'll keep you posted. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Thanks again

Cat

#7 05-01-09 21:57:37

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Good luck Cat.....Enjoy!

#8 05-01-09 22:44:59

tony adi
Verified Member
Website

If your nervous about taking your first pupils on a pink, get your trainer to sit in with you. Get him to go to T/C with you and show you the ropes, get him to show you how to book a test, ask him how much test fees are etc. Your paying him to teach you these things  wink wink

www.selbydriving.co.uk

12.gif

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy
state of things.”
~ Winston Churchill

#9 10-01-09 17:15:40

fatcat
Verified Member
Website

Good luck with the pink but my advice is don't pack ur day job in the uk has too many adi's and not enough pupils as it is and the situation is getting worse

i need more cash not more work

#10 12-01-09 22:02:05

lele
Verified Member
Website

Hi Cat,

I did my first lesson on pink yesterday, both myself and my OH are on Pink as we are doing our training together.  He is alot more confident that me and was not worried at all about his first lesson, however I was so nervous. I even started thinking I cant do this, I have a good well paid full time job, why do I want to put myself under more preasure.

First Lesson went brilliant, it was a 2 hour lesson, after she drove back and went home I was feeling absolutley Shattered, but on a real high, I couldn't believe I had got through those first 2 hours, and she went home very happy.

Second Lesson this evening, very nervous young lad, who had done some moving off and stopping with another family member but knew nothing about Mirrors or safety checks etc.  He was happy as well booked 3 hours over 3 evenings next week.

I know its going to be hard for the next 6 months, juggling fulltime job and teaching, however I want to try and get as much experience as possible, and I have opened a separate account for my money to go into, and out of it will come my Franchise fee and training fuel, whats left I plan on ploughing back into additional training for myself, and OH.

Good luck for Feb  smile

Lele
xx

#11 12-01-09 23:04:28

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Hi Lele, i just wrote you a reply to your last post,but i'm on my mobile phone internet and i deleted the post before saving. I'll write it again tomorrow as it's too long to do all over again on such a tiny screen. ;-)

#12 12-01-09 23:18:52

lele
Verified Member
Website

Lol Cat.

Mobile internet has its pros and cons  smile

#13 12-02-09 19:13:14

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Hi Lele

Sorry for the delay in my reply.  I had said i would write that reply out the next day, but so much has happened just of late i havent been on here much. What i had wanted to say, is that it must be great having your OH to feed back on. Good luck with everything, you must be so busy, with your driving and work. I wish you and your OH the best of luck.

I sent away for my pink on tuesday, so i'm hoping i'll get my pink for week beginnng the 23rd feb.

I'm a little less nervous now and more excited, heres to gaining more experience for Part 3.

Cat big_smile

Board footer