You are not logged in.

#1 03-01-09 23:07:47

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Inland Revenue

I have been keeping meticulous records for my business through the tax years.  Each years records are all neatly stored in separate files with a list of all my pupils and hours worked together with all my fuel receipts and records of other business related expenses.
I do my tax return on line each year and pay my tax bill before the deadline.
As to date, touch wood, the inland revenue have never contacted me to inspect my business.
I was just wondering if this was just a matter of luck....
I would be interested to hear how many other members on this site have been asked to produce their records ?

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

03-01-09 23:07:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Inland Revenue

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 04-01-09 11:37:34

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

I've been self employed since I left college and in my previous life as a musician I was only asked once to show them my receipts etc which I did and they haven't asked again. That was more because I wasn't paying any tax at the time as I spent alot of time out of the country and they wanted to verify that I wasn't diddling them!

As long as everything looks above board I don't think they really care. I think it's 5 years you have to keep your records for, then you can start shredding...

#3 04-01-09 21:11:55

FRANKS
Verified Member

I've had two investications, both time they found nothing wrong with tax returns. But I use an accountant and he's worth the money I pay him.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Board footer