You are not logged in.

#1 17-03-05 13:59:38

chrisdunham

Passed the part 2!!

big_smile

Second time around (ho hum) but really pleased, got 4 minors, its funny that when your in a test scenario, you can sometimes make mistakes that you wouldnt normally do in normal driving, i guess it's the pressure  :?

Anyway got my Part 3 training booked for April (with BSM at the moment) so hope to be on the road by May... Part time to start with I think, does anyone know if BSM do a reduced franchise fee for PT instructors?

Cheers all

Chris  8)

17-03-05 13:59:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed the part 2!!

#2 17-03-05 15:30:48

CSP

Well done...
Got my part 2 booked for April 22nd, with a mock on the 1st.

#3 17-03-05 15:32:46

Alibran

Hi Chris

It feels good, doesn't it?  I passed mine on Tuesday, and I can still hardly believe it.

I'm not with BSM so can't answer your question about the franchise, but I'm sure there are others here who can.  I just wanted to congratulate you on your pass. big_smile

#4 17-03-05 17:52:25

Shrek
Verified Member

Hi Chris,
congratulations on passing - just in time to celebrate over the weekend!
Same to Alibran too - it's a great feeling when your told you've passed!
As far as the franchise goes, BSM do a variable fee scheme (hourly rate in other words) where a franchise fee is payable for each hour of training given by the instructor.
This goes down slightly depending on the number of hours worked and covers part time working too.
Pick up a leaflet from your centre the next time your in there.
Cheers and good luck to both of you with your training.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#5 17-03-05 20:34:05

ck
Website

big_smile Congrats to you both 1st time 2nd time makes no odds you've done it now thats what counts. lol
You say Chris that you hope to be on the road by May do you mean qualified ?If so you will surely have to think about booking the test now as round here you'd be luck to get a pt3 test before june.
Don't forget to allow at least a couple of weeks for your green badge to arrive.
Don't want to put a dampener on things after a great result but did'nt want you to plan for May then be dissapointed.
WELL DONE AGAIN, 8)  bask in the glory for a while then knuckle down for the last leg.

ck

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 17-03-05 21:14:47

stdavid
Verified Member
Website

There must be something in the air. I passed my part 2 today (4 minors). I'm with BSM and I'm starting my part 3 training in Birmingham around the 14th April.

This was the test I was most worried about as I feel unlearning old habits is harder than picking up new ones, but we will see when the part 3 training starts.

Good luck to you all for part 3.

Regards,

David Oswald
http://www.dulas-drive.co.uk/ http://www.webDO/Driving instructors in mid Wales, Powys, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth, Tywyn, Dolgellau, Bala and Barmouth

#7 17-03-05 21:18:42

drivetime
Verified Member
Website

Well done to you all, enjoy the part 3 training

#8 17-03-05 21:26:38

Django

Well done everyone. Do you know I feel a Cliff Richard song coming on..................ALL TOGETHER

...Congratulations and cele......................etc

Well done again

#9 17-03-05 21:51:15

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Fantastic Chris,

I bet your celebrating tonight especially being your second attempt. I hope I can celebrate next month when I pass mine second time around.
Well done indeed.
Cheers

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#10 18-03-05 19:08:12

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Well done!!!!!
I hope I can follow when I do mine next month big_smile  big_smile  big_smile
Alex

#11 19-03-05 20:21:49

Merryvale43

Fantastic achievment you all. I'm at the beginining of the beginning (reminds me of an old song!). Just about to sign contract for training and looking forward to reporting success. I recognise this as a steep learning curve (vertical!) because I have been driving for 27 years and I know I'm good (!). I am sure I have much to learn. I can see myself with my car on my first student sitting their test and I better wear brown (!!!). It really must be tremendous knowing that you have helped change someones life because of a successful pass. I can't wait!

#12 20-03-05 15:06:43

Mr.Incredible

Each pass is a milestone which lights the way to the next one. Congratulations on your success
I trained with BSM and discovered the regime suited my circumstance perfectly.
As a "Pinkie", the BSM variable rate is okay providing you do less than 20 hours teaching a week. You'll make about £6/hour, so it's not going to palm you into retirement but it does give you time to teach, study and live a little. It suits some.
The fixed rate is the preference in excess of 20 hours/week. Though I suggest you limit your teaching to 30 hours/week if only to allow you time to "wipe your nose" as well as consolidate your study and assignment work.
Whatever your choice, good luck!

"If you don't know where you're going, no road will lead you there" - Rudyard Kipling

Board footer