You are not logged in.

#1 29-05-07 20:57:51

cat
Verified Member

how much i have earned

hi

worked for bsm up until june last year not earning much at all then i went indy

just finished up my books to submit to inland revenue my top line is nearly 8000 but when i have taken all my diesel, admin, lease for car etc off i am left with nearly 800

does not seem a lot for a years work

i did have a lot of expense to start of my own business so hopefully this will improve next year

cath

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

29-05-07 20:57:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: how much i have earned

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 29-05-07 21:17:19

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

Year 1: £9,122 gross - net loss £774
Year 2: £15,444 gross - net profit £5,761
Year 3: £27223 gross - Net profit £14,247

Its getting better, but now quite the "champagne" lifestyle I had hoped for!
Fortunately my wife has a well paid job or it would be a baked bean on half a slice of toast per day

#3 29-05-07 21:26:28

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Hi Cath how much your weekly car hire? If you don`t mind me asking and who with.

#4 29-05-07 21:33:08

Target
Verified Member
Website

My first year was £9k profit. When you consider I would have been renting a room at the time the personal costs would have easily been £5k, not much left to live on.

I was surprised how little cash I need to get by. Holes in shoes and trouses, no clothes and a very poor diet along with some other troubles, relationships lost etc etc etc.

Still paying for it now. It does get better thou, but i still say it will take around 4-6 years to fully recover, unless you have the cash input at the start.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#5 12-07-07 16:02:46

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Why the hell do we do it????    roll

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#6 12-07-07 18:28:47

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

I dunno. I only earnt £1300 this week LOL. After deductions thats only about £900 in the pocket.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#7 12-07-07 21:15:42

Target
Verified Member
Website

I do it because I need(want) flexibility. I do it because when needed you can get more income by increasing your work load ( if work available of course ), which in most PAYE jobs your fixed to one income and the 3/4% pitence pay rise each year.

However..........for the hours I put into this job which lets face it its 12 hour days 7 days a week even when your at home doing nothing, I do not get paid enough, but its more than I was earning before.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#8 15-07-07 01:12:03

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Your doing very well Captainhook
If you kept that up for the 52 weeks in the year that's a gross of 67.5k
How do you do it?

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#9 15-07-07 05:49:31

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Its not that good every week Sibeks. I wish lol. But doing intensives at between £27 and £30 an hour. Had one girl pay me for 30 hours and one pay for 25 in one week.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#10 15-07-07 09:13:02

Target
Verified Member
Website

Thats it the averages.....I've been lukcy recently with not having many tests booked in and started alot of beginners. Now they are beginning to come to test standard and have 8 tests booked in August, not to mention the holidays kicking in. I've got my holiday also coming and some of my pupils could be missing around 6 weeks tution if it clashes at the same time. So lots of work needs doing over the next 8 weeks.

Should clear £1k this week coming, about £250 in tax for the week.

Still.........Tell me why I'm still overdrawn and struggling. :? Beats me.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#11 15-07-07 10:46:29

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Well im booked up with intensives to the end of august and with other pupils have a full 40-45 hour diary till then. Beauty with intensives no cancelations.

#12 16-07-07 08:49:11

Hale
Verified Member
Website

'''I only earned £1300 this week''
''Had one girl pay me for 30 hours and one pay for 25 in one week.''

So technically, that's not a weeks pay!

Bet your still working for it know LOL.

Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 17-07-07 16:06:45

Target
Verified Member
Website

Thats it the averages.....I've been lukcy recently with not having many tests booked in and started alot of beginners. Now they are beginning to come to test standard and have 8 tests booked in August, not to mention the holidays kicking in. I've got my holiday also coming and some of my pupils could be missing around 6 weeks tution if it clashes at the same time. So lots of work needs doing over the next 8 weeks.

Should clear £1k this week coming, about £250 in tax for the week.

Still.........Tell me why I'm still overdrawn and struggling. :? Beats me.

Just correcting myself here.......I quoted £250 tax on the actuall earnings, but its approx 15% of the income leaving what you earn, so if I did hours equally £1000 I would need to allow approx £150 for tax purposes.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 17-07-07 16:12:10

Target
Verified Member
Website

Its not that good every week Sibeks. I wish lol. But doing intensives at between £27 and £30 an hour. Had one girl pay me for 30 hours and one pay for 25 in one week.

Its been mad here this week, been turning away alot of clients, cannot keep up with phone calls. Had two willing to travel to the North from the South so the guys down in South London must be busy.

Think I can smell an increase in prices coming. Put me above the AA in this area.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#15 17-07-07 17:49:30

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Good for you target. Trouble is it all comes at once dont it.

#16 18-12-08 16:10:58

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Cat.

The problem is it takes money to get set up properly. By that i mean own car, website, advertising etc.
If all that is in place i.e no franchise/lease costs it is possible, given time, to make a reasonable living.
Stick with it!

Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

#17 21-12-08 13:01:48

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Averages.............Hmmm.

Took £4,900 last month...............trouble is, now I have to do the work for it.

There's always a catch.

Board footer