You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 11-08-08 16:49:04

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Failed first attempt at part2...

I failed today 2 minors 1 serious fault.

The serious was 'use of speed' as I didn't spot 50 mph sign on Dual Carriageway that I entered from a side road, and got up to 65 (stupid error).

The first minor was a necessary signal that I got confused with on approach to roundabout. The examiner said turn right then second exit, I mirrored signalled on approach but as the exit is virtually straight ahead I cancelled my signal and just signalled before exit.  (Should listen to examinor me thinks, he gave me a clue by saying turn right).

The second minor was a fault I thought I had hammered out of my driving with all me practice.  Use of mirrors when slowing down.

Oh well more practice and more money  tongue

11-08-08 16:49:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed first attempt at part2...

#2 12-08-08 18:06:34

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Sorry to hear about your delayed success,but you'll do it next time. I failed 1st attempt,2minnors and 1serious, but got straight home and booked my 2nd attempt for the next day and passed.

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#3 12-08-08 22:22:57

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Cat, I will be ringing DSA tommorrow to try to arrange another test as I know I am ready.  I had a weird day yesterday as I failed my test at 1410 and arrived home to find my girlfriend in labour 8 days early and we had our second child a little girl at 1845.  I haven't had time to think about my part2 and thought I was going to have to wait a few weeks to apply again.  i'm all clear to carry on now smile

#4 13-08-08 17:15:35

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, Hope mother and baby are doing well.  smile Have you named her yet?

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#5 13-08-08 22:11:28

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Thank you Cat, Mother and baby are now home and doing well.  We called her Millie

Wasn't as lucky as you on the rebooking front as the earliest test I could get was October 27th which is 10 weeks away.  There must be a lot of PDI's in Brentwood as I had a 6 week wait for my first test.  On a positive though that gives me a lot of practice time to get me mistakes sorted.

#6 15-08-08 22:21:17

Louisa
Verified Member

Congrats Skoolbus.......

To make you feel better i failed my first part 2 before i got out the TC car park....soooo nervous i had to do the bay park first with me legs shaking.......not good!! At least i did it in style  big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PXGn42tCbc

This is what qualifying as an ADI makes you do!!! smile yes its me smile

www.drivingschoolsloughborough.com

#7 17-08-08 16:23:57

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Louisa. I think nerves are a problem for most on part 2, I kept mine in control surprisingly which made my mistake even more frustrating.  Hopefully i'll pass second time around. 

#8 19-08-08 08:52:06

will66

Hi,
I know that Brentwood area. I've been doing a lot of training there with Compass. I recently did a mock and I'm sure I was where you describe. As I was going along the Dual, eventually the "examiner" on my mock said.."I gotta tell you, you are doing 70mph and it's a 50mph!!!!! ha ha.
Anyway.....8 minors and the serious....nowhere near ready yet!
Sorry about your test but you sound as though you are ready to pass!!! Hope all goes well!! Will. 

#9 20-08-08 22:06:53

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

shame about the test but what a comeback? congratulations to you both  big_smile big_smile big_smile i also had lousias shakey leg on a bay park in the tc before setting out? thanks for the loan louisa  big_smile but you know what i mean   roll

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#10 21-08-08 21:30:34

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Hi will66, On test i joined the A127 from Redden Court Road where the second hand/hire car place is. There was no 50 signs actually on the A127 so I am presuming the 50 signs were as you left redden court road which would be easy to miss as the section of road is only 3 car lengths long before entering the A road (So no time to see in advance).  I haven't had a chance as yet to go back and look, but will post again when i know for certain.  If you get this test route also look out for the A127/M25 turnoff as there are no countdown markers on exit.  Good luck with your training and test.

Keithadi thanks for the congats...

#11 27-08-08 21:54:21

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Went back today on a training session and there was a speed sign on entry to A127 and a couple of confirmation speed signs on the A127 as well that I should of spotted.  I cant believe I made such a basic error..

#12 28-08-08 17:21:50

HereComesTrouble

Stop beating yourself up. It takes a lot of grace to accept you made a mistake, that is al. Good for you. your attitude is great and will get you through.

Simple rules here is that major to minor or minor to major, you will know about the new speed limit if you LOOK for the sign. No sign? No change. PLUS it can change at any tiem along any road as you know.

Very easy to get wrong, but watch this become your strongest point when you teach! Good luck with your next go. I ahve lots of confidence in you. You are a great PDI and will make an even beter ADI.

#13 30-08-08 06:58:10

helee
Verified Member

Glad you were more interested on telling us the result and the baby was an afterthought. Congrats smile

#14 03-12-08 17:36:11

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Finally passed part 2 at second attempt with 4 different minors to 1st test (1 obs, 2 steering, 1 necessary signal that I made but it cancelled and I didn't notice)

I've had a bit of a mare with the DSA cancelling and resheduling 2 tests but am just relieved that I now can concentrate on part3..

#15 03-12-08 18:15:35

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Congratulationsssssss  big_smile
Enjoy PT 3

#16 03-12-08 18:32:11

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

Well done Skoolbus. I passed 2nd time also after failing to spot a change of speen on my first.
When do you start Pt3?

#17 03-12-08 21:36:54

mani
Verified Member

Congratulations, you are more than half way now, good luck for part 3.

#18 04-12-08 10:07:33

skoolbus
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the congrats, Binty, smithwold and Mani.

I am planing to do my initial part 3 training in february with TIC but will be reading and watching Baine Walsh's vids to give me some idea in the meantime.

Board footer