You are not logged in.

#1 16-09-08 09:48:17

neil8181
Verified Member

Treat C/T treat like a normal lesson?

Had my check test 2 wk ago.

Came here to ask for advice on how to approach the test a couple months ago.

I said I was just going to treat as a normal lesson. I was prepared to get "educational"(1st check test), but at least I would know where I was going wrong.

I asked on here if people thought I was under estimating the test and people said they thought I was.

My pupil that I'd planned to use cancelled just 2 hrs before, I really didn't want to role play as I didn't think it would be authentic.

Managed to get a pupil with an hour to spare before my test.

Dual C'ways were missing in her progress report so chose that. I was very relaxed all wk and just before test.

As soon as I entered waiting room I fitted straight in with the rest of the folk in there, shaking, tongue had swollen up etc...

Briefed SE what I would be doing.

Got in the car and I fluffed it! The worst lesson I'd ever done!

Examiner asked how I thought I'd done. I told him I thought I'd Yo Yo'd(up & down throughout).

He then told me that I'm better than I thought, GRADE 5!!!!!!!!

What a relief!

Passed on 4/4 last yr, so I'm well made up.

Next time grade 6, but think I may need refreshing for that.

Is it possible to request a Check Test? 4 yrs seems a long time without being reviewed. :?

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

16-09-08 09:48:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Treat C/T treat like a normal lesson?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-09-08 19:08:46

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Is it possible to request a Check Test? 4 yrs seems a long time without being reviewed. :?

Yes, though I suspect they may not oblige for a while. A fleet trainer who gained a grade 4 may be able to argue that they could lose work, but at grade 5 they would put a low priority on your personal ambitions.

#3 17-09-08 09:06:07

confused
Verified Member
Website

A 5, well done. The SE here always gives a 4 on the first CT no matter how well you do.

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 10-11-08 09:01:51

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Then that SE should be fired!

If any ADI does well enough and deserves a 6, they should get a 6. This is not about rubbing the ego of the DSA it is about praise where praise is due. Congrats Neil, I didn't see this. Remember those words 'you are better than you think'. I would echo that because if you think it was your worst lesson, that shows you have very high standards and the industry needs people just like you. Likewise, the industry needs rid of SE's like the one confused mentions.

totaly agree. That SE sounds like another jobsworth to me.
kjs

#5 10-11-08 17:51:59

neil8181
Verified Member

Then that SE should be fired!

If any ADI does well enough and deserves a 6, they should get a 6. This is not about rubbing the ego of the DSA it is about praise where praise is due. Congrats Neil, I didn't see this. Remember those words 'you are better than you think'. I would echo that because if you think it was your worst lesson, that shows you have very high standards and the industry needs people just like you. Likewise, the industry needs rid of SE's like the one confused mentions.

Wow thanks HCT,  smile

I had a big motivational boost when I got that result. I've found you occasional need those in this job when your self motivation runs a little dry.

Thanks for another one HCT! smile

Kind regards

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#6 23-11-08 19:59:03

Bomber

Hi Neil

Only just seen your message. Congrats on the 5! You obviously deserved it.

You can request another Check Test, and if there just happens to be a vacant slot when they receive your request, you may wel get an appointment. However, remember that the result could go the other way!

Regards Bomber

#7 23-11-08 21:43:23

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations on your result.

It has been put forward by the DSA that c/t's will be available on request, but there will be a charge.

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#8 25-11-08 18:30:27

hector
Verified Member
Website

A 5, well done. The SE here always gives a 4 on the first CT no matter how well you do.

Hi Confused on what information do you base that opinion?

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#9 26-11-08 12:51:47

jazzyc
Verified Member
Website

i wondered that too as an adi i trained got a 6 on her first c/t a couple of months ago

Board footer