You are not logged in.

#1 20-11-08 18:06:35

me next

im a little scared now

i cant get a driving test in hull till jan 09 but i can get booked in for grimsby next week so i took it i booked the test its only 40 mins away from us so isnt that bog a deal getting there , thing is i have been told now on the test in grimsby im required to do 70mph on a dual caraige way to come out the test center im very nervouse to say the least has anyone dont the test in grimsby what was it like ?

20-11-08 18:06:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: im a little scared now

#2 20-11-08 18:23:42

VandADI
Administrator

I would feel inclined to wait until Jan 09 for your next test and take the opportunity before then to take more lessons because by the sound of it you have not had enough experience in all types of roads hence why you are worried about the 70 mph speed on test. 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-11-08 20:56:36

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

70mph on a dual carriagway is only 10mph more than 60 on a single and all the cars are going the same direction. 

If you are ready for your test in Hull then a couple of hours on the dual carriagway should get you up to speed.  Remember that Dual carriagways and motorways are actually the safest places to drive.  Don't go there for the first time on test day though.

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#4 21-11-08 17:02:06

ExAdiNigel

Has your instructor not taken you on national speed limit dual carriageways at all?  If not, you aren't ready for test!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 21-11-08 21:15:23

me next

yes he has and ive been a motor bike rider for three years i just got panicked cause its a completly difrent test route out of town and high speeds im sure ill do fine

#6 28-11-08 21:43:46

mrbrightside
Verified Member

Would it not be much easier for you to just wait till January? Only a month away. The last thing you need for your test is extra nerves!

Good luck either way!

Part 1: Passed (11/9/07) 96/100 & 68/75
Part 2: Passed (19/10/07) 3 Minors
Part 3: (2nd) Passed (27/11/08) 4/4
Check Test: Grade 5 (16/03/11)

#7 07-12-08 08:42:35

RhiannonxXx

I drive in Grimsby and the dual carriageways aren't too bad. There is at least 3 or 4 roads before you get to the carriageway. It doesn't hit you as soon as you come out the centre. You will have to deal with a maximum of two roundabouts as well. You would be driving on the carriageway for about 20-30 seconds before the first roundabout and if you carry on, another 30-40 seconds. I doubt you will travel at 70mph because they aren't that long. By the time you hit 70, it will be time to start slowing for your approach. I normally stick to speeds around 55.

Board footer