You are not logged in.

#1 17-11-08 21:37:13

mon
Verified Member
Website

Speech Therapy

Hi everyone just started a small course of Speech Lessons tonight.It was brilliant and well worth the 15 quid she charged me,covered everything from voice Projection to Tone to Breathing to voice control.I got some great tips for getting any nerves under control,which will be really useful for Test Day briefing nerves and God willing any Pupils I eventually get.
I would fully recommend it.
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

17-11-08 21:37:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Speech Therapy

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-11-08 08:32:10

KevB
Verified Member
Website

I've been considering speech therapy myself over the last few weeks.
I've never been happy with my clarity of voice, nor my ability to express my thoughts or to get my message across efficiently.

When in conversation, i tend to repeat mylslf and have issues of not being able to organise what I want to say logically. I seem to say things as i think them rather than being able to consider before I say it.

Think Before You Speak. How easy is that!!! Yet I rarely do so sad

That's one good thing about online communication. I can pause and delete or reword what I'm trying to say. Why can't I do that in the real world.  Grrrrrr

#3 18-11-08 11:00:27

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Completely agree. The SE's comment on my CT was that I had a little "verbal diarrohea" at the end!

Working in theatre as a techie I picked up a lot of tips on clarity and projection which have helped me when in car and in classroom sessions. Well worthwhile.

Board footer