You are not logged in.

#1 11-11-08 20:22:45

mon
Verified Member
Website

tough enough::

I'm sure I am not the only PDI who has tried to do this process along with holding down a full time job and 2 little darlings to run after,but I can tell you I am finding this d**n hard and the light at the end of the tunnel is not there yet,any words of encourgagement? Still convinced that this is a good move.
mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

11-11-08 20:22:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: tough enough::

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 11-11-08 22:30:30

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Hi Mon,
I have been in ur situation, feeling every day that theres just not enough hours  and i would meet myself coming backwards! ( thats not changed lol)
Stick at it....worth it in the end for yourself and your lil darlings!!
You said... 'Still convinced that this is a good move.'.....If you're in that mind set you're half way there!!
Good Luck!

#3 11-11-08 22:45:14

mon
Verified Member
Website

Thanks 4 your words of encourgement Binty,can I ask have you completed this Game,or are you still in the throes of torment like me?
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#4 12-11-08 08:22:41

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

I was a PDI until april 1st (no joke!) this year...i had lots of hurdles to get over to get my green badge, juggling kids, no money, ill health, useless trainer to start with to name but a few...but because it was something i really wanted my determination & finally getting the help i needed to conquer PT3 paid off in the end. I was on a pink/trainee licence which i found really benefited me, even tho that doesnt work for everyone.
As HCT has said...with the right help/advice/support things finally click into place.

#5 12-11-08 14:44:44

waynesworld
Verified Member

I have just started my pt 3 doing 4 hours a week to start with , i am working full time as well as 2 evenings a week and have a family to run around after , but am looking forward to it , i'm not under any financial or time constraints to finish other than those set by the authorities , so should take some of the pressure off , but i will see in a few weeks time  smile

#6 13-11-08 21:51:59

lele
Verified Member
Website

Hi Mon,

I know exactly how you feel, I too am doing my part 3 training on top of a streesful full time job and 2 little darlings.

TBH I am really struggling to get my head round the training, trying to read up and watch the DVD's during the week after being at work all day then collecting, feeding, bathing, and putting to bed the kids.

I am sure it will click into place at some point, but I am having a real confidence issue at the moment which is causing me a real problem,

Take care  smile

#7 13-11-08 22:45:06

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

pt 3 is like that. sorry. when you go to bed doing briefings, teach your partner in your sleep   roll (she was not best pleased - and i still do it occasionally) and the first thought in the morning is teaching? you are getting there  big_smile if it doesnt take over your life then your prob not make it? it isnt easy but anything given  in life that is earned is ussually worth it ! gifts  seldom are! good luck ! at least you have the forum for advice

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#8 13-11-08 23:37:19

neil8181
Verified Member

Eat, Sleep, Breathe.Eat, Sleep, Breathe.Eat, Sleep, Breathe.Eat, Sleep, Breathe.Eat, Sleep, Breathe.Eat, Sleep, Breathe.Eat, Sleep, Breathe.Eat, Sleep, Breathe.Eat, Sleep, Breathe.
Part III

It does feel hard but with most the penny drops at some stage. i didn't have the best trainer or support but what I did have is desire and total commitment, the rest took care of its self.

EVERYBODY on this forum has their own fairy tale on how they got through or how are trying to get through and how much blood they sweated in the process. There IS light at the end, just keep going!

The trouble with this game is that not many of us have anyone to spare them on like you do when your employed, just keep in mind the reason why you're persuing this and that alone will get you through.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Regards

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 14-11-08 10:30:10

evanadi

IF you have the right trainer, this will just click into place. I have had several trainees now who have had countless hours elsewhere and haven't got a clue what to do. Then within 2 hours they get it.

HCT has hit the nail on the head here. You must have things explained to you properly, (actually the same as Learners have to as well). All too often PDI's get rushed through one PST then move onto the next without the gaps in knowledge, the shortfalls and understanding being addressed.

Often the misgivings and sleepless nights are as a result of the above, and to be honest you are one of many who feels and has felt like this.
Remember that you are actually studying to become an instructor to your pupils when you qualify. You must gain as much knowledge and experience as you can whilst on your part 3 course. The part 3 is a hard test if you have gaps in knowledge, teaching a real pupil is a lot harder if you don't know what you are doing. Good luck, oh and by the way most of us had to eat sleep and drink the part 3 training. Ev

#10 15-11-08 12:20:48

looprevil
Verified Member

Learning the skill of educating others can seem a long journey particularly when balancing other priorities. Support from others particularly obtaining quality training can really help to give confidence that the journey will end in success.

Best wishes on your journey it feels great when people get to their destination.

regards

Paddy

smile  big_smile  lol  cool

Board footer