You are not logged in.

#1 14-11-08 19:01:34

angels

What level is the dip di?

Hi

I don't post on here very often but as it seems with most I'm struggling to find a lot of info about the Dip DI. I'm busy studying at the moment and hoping to do the exams next may.

My question is what level is it classed as? The reason i ask is I've seen a job for a police driver trainer but applicants are required to have or be studying towards a level 3 qualification? I have a BTEC and NVQ level 3 but in subjects unrelated to driving instruction. Does anyone know if the Dip DI would suffice?

Thanks in advance.

Jo

14-11-08 19:01:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What level is the dip di?

#2 14-11-08 23:02:54

sipin
Verified Member

Hi Jo,

When I got the job as a Police Driver Trainer the Dip DI was considered as an extra thing that would make a persons application stand out more, what you need to do is take a look at the job requirements it should be split in to Essential qualifications . . . . and Desireable qualifications . . . . .

When I got the same job the essential qualifications were a ADI qualification at level 5 or 6 or a Police Instructors Certificate. The desireable qualification was the A1 assessors award or working towards it and or a relevent teaching award and any extra driving awards such as the Dip DI, IAM, Rospa ect. But things may be different in your force area

hope this helps PM me if you want more information

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#3 15-11-08 09:26:49

angels

Thanks for that sipin,

I've taken a look at the advert again, its actually for a traffic trainer not a driver trainer (not sure what the difference is, if any. Maybe someone can enlighten me?)

The advert doesn't specify essentials/desirables. Doesn't even say you need to be an ADI just that you must have a working knowledge of road traffic law, vehicle construction and use legislation and vehicle examination. Must hold a full UK driving licence and be capable of achieving police advanced driver status.

Also states that the successful candidate will be expected to successfully complete the police driving instructor training programme.

I am thinking of doing the 7303 in January too so might put that on the form and see what they say, nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose.

Thanks again

Jo

#4 15-11-08 11:41:43

sipin
Verified Member

Hi Jo
I find that interesting,

One thing you could do is ask for an application form, you don't have to actually return it but it should at least give you more information about the position, allowing you to plan ahead what you want to do. And any extra qualifications that you have will make you stand out from the other applications.
As for the job title I'm not sure what the difference is ? I know in my area the Highways Agency do their own training Also just thought the CMPG do some of their own training too.
Perhaps when you find out you could enlighten us all

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#5 16-11-08 19:24:33

ExAdiNigel

I believe the Dip DI is 1st year degree level.

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer