You are not logged in.

#1 13-11-08 19:02:57

oosabaj

Parallel parking against kerb/DT project-replies appreciated

I am doing a DT project for my A Levels. It consists of creating a device to aid parking against kerbs. I know about parking sensors but as far as i know they only sense in front and behind you.

I was thinking about making a sensor to alert the driver when the wheels are the correct distance from the kerb. This would hopefully eliminate kerbing the wheels and help judge the distance between wheel and kerb. Then eventually the device could be removed/turned off so the driver can park themself without an aid.

Thoughts would be very much appreciated, and any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

13-11-08 19:02:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Parallel parking against kerb/DT project-replies appreciated

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-11-08 21:26:37

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

Can you design a device which would measure your angle and distance from the kerb.  If you knew that you were 45 degrees and a set distance from the kerb, that would be very handy.

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#3 14-11-08 00:05:00

oosabaj

I doubt i will be able to make something that sophisticated in a school workshop, but it's a good suggestion. Maybe with some more tech this could be possible.

Keep the comments rolling guys, it all helps! big_smile

Board footer