You are not logged in.

#1 17-03-05 14:02:15

Driving_Miss_Daisy

Help! Want to become ordit registered -whats the crack?!

Hi, yes, Im seriously looking into becoming ORDIT registed to provide instructor training for parts 1,2,&3. lol

Has anyone been through the ORDIT procedure, and can you tell me what the Inspector looks for for each bit? Is it difficult  to do?

Any replies will be appreciated.

tongue

17-03-05 14:02:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Help! Want to become ordit registered -whats the crack?!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-03-05 19:44:39

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hiya,

We plan on doing soon as well, so whilst I have a lot of the paperwork from DSA I am still looking for a bit of advice before we launch out.

Regards,

#3 20-03-05 13:19:02

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hello all

The ordit requirements are listed on the DSA web site (or they were) or call the DSA and they will send you details of the requirements

Just had a letter re the new proposals for entering ORDIT looks like the base line will be same as ADI requirments 4 years (holding an ADI badge) and it will be made compuslery for all to be on register before they can train ADI's

Also they want to cap training costs (same as MOT) - not sure how this will work tho cos on MOT if you need loads of repairs done garage can con you - what if PDI needs loads of hours???

STILL dissapointed as NO syllabus has been proposed to train ADI's and this is critical ASAP

I have written in again and made them aware of my feelings towards this

Dont forget for anyone interested we have a trainers weekend in poole 20th may for part 3 PDI's and anyone interested in becoming a trainer or ADI trainers looking for improvement and discussion

Regards

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#4 22-03-05 20:07:29

dashdriving.com
Website

Hi all,

Very interesting Jeni.

I know that there are some extremely good ORDIT registered ADI trainers out there, but there are also some extremely poor ones.

Quite a few of the trainees I've helped have come to me after receiving appallingly bad training from ORDIT registered companies. I see no change in this if the regulations come into effect.

With no set syllabus, no teeth to bite companies on the register who don't have good pass rates and no means of control over the larger money making organisations, I predict that ADI training is going to get worse rather than better. This will be a charter for very large, money rich organisations to print cash and deliver absolutely nothing.

Is it any wonder that John Farlam and many others have not joined?

regards,

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#5 23-03-05 16:10:54

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi Dash

Could not agree more

Most of the ADI trainers I know still insist on teaching the PST/role play method and having sat in on a training session with a friend a month ago I can only describe it as a disaster

The PDI had no training for part 3 and was plunged straight into move off & stop lesson- THE FULL WORKS - Q&A briefing - full talkthrough - part talkthrough - prompt

Obviously the PDI did very badly and got a bit ratty when the trainer kept interupting him to tell him things like "use the core comp" "what did I do wrong?" "I am only doing what you are telling me"

The PDI did not understand core comp or full talkthrough etc having never seen a lesson (yes in theory) but not in practice

I try to explain this is like taking a L out and expecting them to perform a reverse left without any help -- THEN telling them off when the get it all wrong

John Farlam uses a similiar method to me and I know you are off and running on the teacher training course Dash and thats great fun

Unfortunately the DSA have not introduced a syllabus for ORDIT and until they do and its taught correctly the pass rate for the part 3 will remain low

Although I have to say my SE's are starting to take notice as my part 2 pass rate is through the roof  24 tests and 23 1st time passes 1 passed 2nd time  -- and my part 3 is heading that way (will keep you posted)

Whether we are ORDIT or not if my and your pass rate for part 3 is say 70% with EVERYONE getting through by the third attempt - the need for change will be obvious

They may well introduce a grading for ORDIT depending on your pass rates and this will help a lot in PDI's deciding who to train with

The higher your grade - the more % passes you have and of course these will be listed

As all PDI's will have to train with an ORDIT trainer in the future these rates will be fairly accurate

I only became ORDIT reg as I had to I wanted to take on some more work freelance and had to ORDIT to work for a decent wage

I am sure there are some awful ORDIT trainers out there and as there is no official exams or training this will keep happening - it needs to be changed so you qualify in ORDIT as you would to become an ADI

regards   lol

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

Board footer