You are not logged in.

#1 25-10-08 14:34:29

mje1
Verified Member

help me please pt3 monday

hi all

my pt3 is on monday coming and i am up the wall with worry its my last chance 3rd attempt. my problem is i dont seem to get it right when first begining the test with the s.e.
i am not to sure were to begin on the psts phases 1 & 2. i no i have to explain things especialy on phase 1. but i need help with what type of questions to ask to each subject and how to go about it the correct way so i dont miss out things relevant to all the tests especialy on the markng sheets the examiner fills in at the end of each phase. also i have trouble with mental block when were out on test i go silent because am not to sure what to say whith regards to each of the subjects i seem to start talking about things not relevant to the test and it throws me. can any of you out there please try to help me what the main points are i should be asking the s.e. regarding all phases and different subjects. i am new to the forum and i would be so grateful for any help you could give me thanks

25-10-08 14:34:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: help me please pt3 monday

#2 25-10-08 14:49:38

DampDog
Verified Member

Hi mje,

OK, you say this is your final attempt at part3, is that because you've run out of time (your 2 years is up) or you just have your 3rd attempt booked? How many hours training have you received up to now?

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 25-10-08 16:59:20

Luchell
Verified Member

Going by your above post i personally would not go if tyou are not 100 percent happy with what you need to do. With only the three attempts and being on the last chance now there's no room to feel anything other than comfortable and well prepared. I don't mean the above rudely but i am sure it won't just be me thinking the above  neutral

My trainers always told us if for whatever reason we are not 100 percent happy not to turn up and chuck an attempt away! Yes you lose your test fee but you keep the final attempt and work on putting right any areas that need the attention. I don't know what a trainers thoughts are on this but hopefully they will join in this thread once they've found it  smile 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 25-10-08 17:14:24

DampDog
Verified Member

Going by your above post i personally would not go if you are not 100 percent happy with what you need to do.

Those were my thoughts too, just wanted to see if mje was committed to this attempt at part3, or had some time in hand.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

#5 25-10-08 17:19:04

Luchell
Verified Member

It crossed my mind,  I couldn't phrase it how i wanted to so i ignored it for now  lol lol

#6 25-10-08 17:49:31

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Hi MJE,
I appreciate you are wanting ideas of how to proceed with each topic, and in both phases.

But there is a reason why those that have responded are aiming their feedback in respect of this being your 3rd attempt rather than to answer your questions directly.

This is because your questions give the impression you need much more time to understand the test and what is expected of you as well as the subject matter of the PST's.
you will not be able to fix this in a weekend if your only assistance is a forum.

You need quality time with a trainer to guide you to the answers to your questions.
We can all give you the advice and assistance you need via the forum, but it will amount to nothing as you will not be able to put it into any meaningful practice in the time you have left.

I too strongly urge you to cancel your test and rebook it for alter date if you have enough time of your 2 year qualifying period, so you can best utilize that time in getting to grips with whats required on part 3.

I for one would be only too pleased to go through each pst in turn and answer your questions, but I cannot possibly give you what is needed and for you to be able to put it to good use in the time frame you currently have.

Most candidates get nervous before their test, especially if it's like yourself, the last chance saloon. But from your post, I think it's not just nerves, there seems to be some fundamentals missing which you need to get on top of before you test.

If at all possible, blow out this booking and give yourself more time to really get to grips with part 3 before taking it.

regards, Dimmy.

#7 25-10-08 17:54:48

DampDog
Verified Member

Well put Dimmy, I'd been thinking along those lines but was just waiting for Mje to reply before voicing what's been said.

It's an absolute must that you talk to your trainer and make him aware of your thoughts. Does he think you're ready for you last attempt at part 3?

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

#8 25-10-08 18:02:24

evanadi

''You need quality time with a trainer to guide you to the answers to your questions.''

If you only take one piece of advice from this forum take this advice, if you don't you will sit here on Monday evening wishing you had.  wink

#9 25-10-08 18:50:23

hector
Verified Member
Website

Ditto

All the above, but will mje1 listen? 

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#10 25-10-08 19:05:12

mje1
Verified Member

sorry guys thankyou for your replys i no were your coming from advising me to cancell problem is my 2yrs are up 4 days later i had a wonderful trainer who went o.t.t. with me giving me his all and beyond its just me not grasping it. i had 2nd attempt in sept. and got 5.3. nearly did it then its just my nerves i just want to get it right whatever i get this time around. thanks anyway

#11 25-10-08 19:21:14

hector
Verified Member
Website

Cancel on Monday and re book ?

If you dont, good luck with it  smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#12 25-10-08 19:37:29

mje1
Verified Member

cheers hector cant cancel now to late 2 years up as ive said 4 days later

#13 25-10-08 19:44:36

hector
Verified Member
Website

If you book before the 2 years up date that doesnt matter! You can do it after the cut off date.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#14 25-10-08 19:59:33

mje1
Verified Member

thanks

#15 25-10-08 20:31:01

scannermanh
Verified Member

Hi All

Most strongly agree with all above, I too have my third attempt soon.
Don't put too much pressure on yourself, by all means get as much quality
training as is possible and be as prepared as you can.
If you have to take it on monday, go over your training material again, something
you read at the begining that you didn't understand may be clear now, reread your
lesson plans so you Know what to do. Have you read AD1, this explains what the examiner
is to do, you can download from the DSA website.
If you are not successful don't worry, its not a complete disaster. You are at the end of
your 2 year period, get back in the saddle, take part 1&2 again, you should be able to pass
these, you did it before, then you are back with 3 attempts again, may only take a couple
of months before you are thinking pt3 again.
Go online, cancel mondays test, rebook as late as you can, get training, GOOD LUCK. big_smile

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#16 26-10-08 04:32:19

Trumper
Verified Member

I would give it a go on Monday. You had a 5-3 last time so YOU must know your stuff big_smile The worst that could happen is you start again. If this does happen then with luck you could be on Part 3 again in 2-3 months .

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#17 26-10-08 22:59:38

mje1
Verified Member

thankyou all i will let you no how i get on with my final attempt. very good forum lots of helpful advise

#18 27-10-08 07:46:46

hector
Verified Member
Website

Good luck with it mje1!

As mentioned above dont put pressure on yourself, you can always go round again. Concentrate and above all sort those faults!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#19 27-10-08 12:51:12

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

I spotted this topic just now, and would have replied in exactly the same way as most of the others.
I was in a pretty much identical situation to yourself, though I waited 4 months after my 2 year date to get my 3rd attempt. I booked my 3rd attempt about a week before my deadline date, and got an extra 4 months training. 

Long standing members on this forum will be well aware of how my journey went, but for your information:

I had 4/3, 3/4, and 5/3 on my 1st 3 attempts at pare 3 and started again immediately.

I took additional training from John Farlam who does a part 3 rescue course over 3 days, and I cannot praise him enough for his work, he is top notch in his field.  His methods highlighted to me that the ability to teach to a high standard was there, but my original trainer just couldnt get me to believe in myself, and had even convinced me that part 3 was "hard to pass" John dissolved that myth, in fact its true that part 3 is much easier than real life teaching !!

Like you I struggled with it all going wrong for me on the day, and just couldnt relax, my results showed that I was capable of passing both phases, even to grade 5 standard, but just not at the same time.

I gained a 5/5 on my part 3, and could have done better if I had relaxed even more. 

I hope things have gone well for you today, and that you will show us that you pulled it all together in the end.

Jonny

#20 28-10-08 00:27:15

scannermanh
Verified Member

Hi All
Come on mje1, how did ya do? I can't work with me fingers crossed much longer  big_smile

Scannermanh the Muppet
nils

#21 28-10-08 12:27:48

mje1
Verified Member

hi guys sorry for late news i cancelled the test i was not ready i took your advise to re book it i will be doing that tommorow my nerves got the better of me so it was pointless going for it it kicked off with me wondering what pst i would get so i built my self up to such a state and frame of mind that i thought if i go for this on monday i am going to fail hence my decision to cancell why is it so difficult i no i am capable but it didnt seem right for me to go atleast i have saved my last attempt

#22 28-10-08 12:52:21

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

I think you have made a wise decision there.  Get as much practice as you can ( are you on a trainee licence? )
The key thing I think you need is to just relax and let things flow naturally. 

Dont get too caught up with pst's or phase 1/phase 2 differences.  Essentially it is all the same you just "see it, say it, sort it"

If you can even take a short break away from it all for a bit, its amazing how it can clear your mind, then when you come back to it, you are less stressed out. 

I think you are guilty of falling into the same trap I got into, in believing that part 3 is difficult to pass, and that you need to do exactly what the examiner wants in order to pass.
Its "simply" a matter of believing in yourself that you can make it. 

Do you ever feel like the part 3 exam is "running ahead of you" ? thats when you need to pull over and Q&A and dont be afraid to give full talkthrough on the problem, until it is fixed (even in phase 2)

How long have you left of your 2 year deadline.  I suggest trying to book your final attempt as close to that deadline as possible, and in the meantime try and forget about pst's, etc, because I think your main problem is coming from a lack of self confidence.

I hope you understand what Im saying, just try and chill out a bit and it will become easier.

#23 28-10-08 13:00:10

mje1
Verified Member

thanks john much of what you have wrote is spot on i need to chill from this now for a while i am persecuting myself with worry needlessly i think. as for my 2 year deadline m8 its on oct 31st 2008

Board footer