You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-10-08 17:51:17

trudealz

Category D licence question?

Hello There.

I have just recently had a a category D "Automatic" entitlement added to my driving licence.

What I would like to know is if I am entitled to drive manual minibuses of up to 17 seats (D1 category).

I know that I am not entitled to drive manual buses/coaches and have had conflicting advice in regards to D1 vehicles.

Thankyou

27-10-08 17:51:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Category D licence question?

#2 27-10-08 18:46:30

KevB
Verified Member
Website

I'm not 100% certain, but I would have thought you would be restricted to Autos in the D1 category.

#3 28-10-08 00:48:10

AndyBerry

Slightly odd area this one...
If you had a car licence before 1st Jan 1997, you are entitled to drive a minibus with upto 17 seats for non-hire/reward purposes (i.e not being paid for it) on your car licence...
However, if you are being paid in some way for driving the minibus, then your category D rules would cover this instead, meaning you could only drive an automatic vehicle...

I only know this as a friend of mine who used to work for same bus company as me bought his own minibus and had to take a manual test before he was able to drive it legally.

Andy

#4 28-10-08 10:47:37

reddragonbus
Verified Member

If you look on the back of your photo card check the restrictions next to D and D1 that will show your current entitlement.

If you passed a bus test in an automatic vehicle your vocational entitlement to drive all buses including minibuses will be restricted to vehicles with automatic transmission.

Non commercial use of vehicles remain unchanged. You can drive a minibus on a category B licence or a D1 101 licence on a voluntary basis.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#5 19-06-10 07:38:27

PCV Instructor
Website

Yes look on the back of your plastic driving licence, on the D1 category, restriction code 101 is Not for hire or reward and restriction code 106 is Restricted to vehicles with automatic transmission.

www.Gr8training.co.uk 08444 93 14 14

Board footer