You are not logged in.

#1 20-10-08 21:04:19

TC
Verified Member
Website

Becoming an LGV instructor--where to train

Hi,
    i'm thinking of adding to my qualifications and want to know how to get on the dsa lgv instructors register.I have held a hgv license for 18 years and drove for around 6 years before becoming an ADI cars 12 years ago.I know you have to take the 3 part exam but can anyone point me in the direction of training bodies that offer such courses.My experiance as a long serving ADI(grade 6 last 8 years)and my hgv driving experiance should stand me in good stead to gain the lgv instructor status.Also hoping that it will count to some CPD credits,any advice really appreciated.

20-10-08 21:04:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Becoming an LGV instructor--where to train

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 24-10-08 22:14:08

bandb666
Verified Member

I've been told these are good http://www.system-group.com/ but be prepared to shell out a couple of thousand plus VAT for 2 week training course   yikes
But I found it easier than ADI qualification, part 1 can be done with self study - ordinary DSA LGV theory book, knowledge of minimum test vehicle requirements/catagories etc.. & common sense teaching methods like ADI.
Part 2 is just practice to perfect your own driving. part 3 has only 9 PST's to choose from & plan your lesson according to examiners brief of trainee's progress  big_smile
I did have 3 days training for part 3 but the instructor wasn't really that clued up on R.L.G.V so we just did general role play & didn't even cover half the PST's & I passed first time.
The instructor I used for those three days never had any training for his DSA registration - just borrowed a truck to practice & test & passed  neutral

32228867b788f001d0578227977f51516cfb185f8a8b5a90a373e985.jpg

#3 26-10-08 15:52:07

Goliath
Website

TC,

Give Fresh Logic a call we will be able to help with this.

Call 07764 569970 and ask for mike or Scott

#4 27-10-08 12:26:46

lilly
Verified Member

I would agree System Group are good but based in Carlisle so depends on where you are based TC.  If you give Big Rigs a ring we will send out an information book to you which will include all the info you need to get you started.  You can then choose to do your training with Big Rigs or go elsewhere, but it is a start. You can contact us on 01432 761004 or email us on info@bigrigstraining.com.

#5 27-10-08 18:40:46

TC
Verified Member
Website

I am based north west and although Carlisle is about 2 hours away i'd prefer somewhere in the Manchester or Lancashire area.

#6 27-10-08 19:24:47

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

You may want to try Lancaster Training Services Tim.

They're a bit snotty about ADIs, but I'm sure they could help as they're trying to get testing centre status. They're based in Heysham.

#7 27-10-08 23:19:22

TC
Verified Member
Website

Spoke to the TM and they dont do training on weekends.I want to train weekends so I dont have to cancel lessons to go there.To be honest they wernt that helpfull once they realised I was an ADI.Cheers anyway Tim.

#8 31-10-08 12:37:38

daz6215
Verified Member

Why are they so unhelpful when they find out your an ADI?

#9 31-10-08 21:43:22

TC
Verified Member
Website

Havent got a clue Daz but they were very offish on the phone to me and fairly unhelpfull.Maybe they were having a bad day or maybe the person I spoke to wasnt that clued up on the subject.Either way it didnt leave me with a good impression for my enquiry.Each to his own I guess.

Board footer