You are not logged in.

#1 25-10-08 17:03:40

michaelat50
Verified Member

training car

hi having recently passed pt3 am looking for car have sorted franchise but am sorting my own wheels have been test driving suzuki swift 1.5 glx but have been told by rival manufacturer that because the swift has a space saver tyre the examiner will refuse to take the test is he telling me the truth or is he just trying to sell me his car which is nice bit i prefer the swift thnks michael

25-10-08 17:03:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: training car

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 25-10-08 17:07:57

Luchell
Verified Member

Most new cars come with only a space saver these days. It's only fit for emergency use to be honest and no it is no good for test. I had a full size thrown into the deal on my swift then i realised it doesn't fit in  hence the space saver! I decided to leave it as it was in the end but i'm sure you can sort a full size spare out for the car you choose  smile

#3 25-10-08 17:21:01

DampDog
Verified Member

Have I read this correctly?

It's not the fact the car has a space saver, just that it couldn't be fitted for the test. So the only reason you carry a full size spare on test day is just in case you are unlucky enough to get a puncture immediately before the test?

So long as the car is presented for test with 4 std. tyres the examiner doesn't give a hoot there's a space saver in the boot for test purposes.

The Swift is something I've been thinking about too, they seem cheap as chips and are nice enough to drive. My only worry is that being a Suzuki they're a bit fragile for a training car.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 26-10-08 09:24:22

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Have I read this correctly?

It's not the fact the car has a space saver, just that it couldn't be fitted for the test. So the only reason you carry a full size spare on test day is just in case you are unlucky enough to get a puncture immediately before the test?

So long as the car is presented for test with 4 std. tyres the examiner doesn't give a hoot there's a space saver in the boot for test purposes.

You are correct

Board footer