You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#201 07-10-08 14:47:59

Carlo
Verified Member

Re: Vauxhall Corsa.

Kaf,

How did you know the clutch was on it's way out?  Interested to know as I'm finding it harder and harder to get a smooth gear change in mine! .... and before anybody says, yes my technique is fine!!

"It's easy when you know how!"

07-10-08 14:47:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#202 07-10-08 15:08:32

VandADI
Administrator

Kaf,

How did you know the clutch was on it's way out?  Interested to know as I'm finding it harder and harder to get a smooth gear change in mine! .... and before anybody says, yes my technique is fine!!

It could be the gear linkage at fault - had this replaced in my Corsa and now the gears are nice and smooth again.

#203 07-10-08 15:21:29

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Gearchange in mine has never been good, complained about that as well, "no it's normal was the response".

I have had it with Vauxhall, I wouldn't have another if you gave it to me free!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#204 07-10-08 15:22:13

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Kaf,

It's how high the clutch pedal goes to reach biting point that is the tell.

#205 07-10-08 18:43:22

Carlo
Verified Member

Thanks for the info smile.

I seem to be getting a very small jerk when I bring the clutch up after a gear change.  Doesn't matter how gentle I am.  I swear it never used to be like this!

I do think our version of the CDTI (75PS) is a bit of a let down.  When my Corsa was in the bodyshop I had the SXI CDTI (95PS).  What a completely different car!  Worse thing is, it is the same engine just tuned to a higher bhp.  Soo much more refined and smooth.  Even the surge wasn't so apparent.

When the lease runs out I'm going to be seriously considering the SXI.  Saying that I went to see the new Fiesta today and that looks good too! smile

#206 07-10-08 19:15:37

kaf
Verified Member
Website

17TH october is the launch date for the new Honda jazz.

I shall test drive it soon after.

#207 07-10-08 22:16:15

la.monikita
Verified Member

I'm getting the fiat, the bulbs are easy to change too and it's the original maker of the CDTi engine.

On the clutch bit, it a self adjusting clutch I was told so it won't go high on the bite.

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#208 10-10-08 09:32:51

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

I like my Corsa!!!

On my 2nd through the Franchise I'm with - new 'ecoflex' version. Think all it means is they've changed the gears slightly so you can run in a higher gear at lower speed.

Body is quite different in shape and size compared to the old 'new' corsa, for the better I may add. Subtle changes but it does make manoeuvring considerably easier - my wife doesn't bang her head against the drivers door pillar when she checks her blindspot any more!!!!

Didn't have any problems in the 50,000miles the other one did, clutch and gears were great until I got rid. Maybe it's just pot luck.....

#209 10-10-08 10:27:12

Mutley
Verified Member

Picked up my Corsa on Monday. 1.3 CDTi (90) Design.

I had the instructors pack fitted and directional lighting.

Very pleased so far i have to say and my pupils love it.

Vast improvement over my 206,feels like a tardis inside.

DSA Grade 6 Adi,IAM Masters and Senior Observer,RoSPA Gold,Local Authority Fleet Trainer and Assessor, NDAC on Road Trainer.

#210 10-10-08 10:32:09

Carlo
Verified Member

Picked up my Corsa on Monday. 1.3 CDTi (90) Design.

I had the instructors pack fitted and directional lighting.

Very pleased so far i have to say and my pupils love it.

Vast improvement over my 206,feels like a tardis inside.

The 90 version of the 1.3CDTI is a nice smooth engine!  This will be my next upgrade! smile

#211 12-10-08 08:26:29

la.monikita
Verified Member

The 90 version of the 1.3CDTI is a nice smooth engine!  This will be my next upgrade! smile

it's a FIAT engine, hence I'm going to get one of them.

Abraham Maslow

#212 12-10-08 18:20:15

la.monikita
Verified Member

Does anyone know what could be wrong on my corsa C; The RHS indicators flash irregularly, sometimes go off. All bulbs are working  neutral. I will try to get it done tomorrow, but knowing the dealer they won't be interested if they have no time. I have a test on Tuesday so needs a sort out by tomorrow. It must be something simple relay / fuse but manual seems to be for another car   roll any ideas / experiences?  sad

Abraham Maslow

#213 12-10-08 18:30:13

evanadi

Hi Monika, go to a back street garage and get your indicators looked, at Vauxhall main dealers are crap. I will say that again Vauxhall main dealers are crap. Ev

#214 12-10-08 18:51:02

la.monikita
Verified Member

car's under warranty ev sad

Abraham Maslow

#215 12-10-08 18:53:46

adi
Verified Member
Website

I think it's a modulator? When i last had a 'c' model they changed something whilst it was serviced that was associated to signal problems. I can't quite remember exactly what it was called though.

#216 12-10-08 19:06:00

evanadi

Yeah I know the problem Monika, but unfortunately they do not prioritize instructors at all. You spend more time booking the car in then it takes getting the work done. Very frustrating

#217 12-10-08 19:29:17

TC
Verified Member
Website

My Vauxhall dealer always prioritises instructors,never had a problem getting car in same day to get looked at and get a dual controlled courtesy car if they cant fix it in 48 hours.When you buy one you should ask the dealer what back up service they can offer,if you push Vauxhall they will pay £25 a day for a dualled hire car and often the full cost if the fault cant be fixed within 48 hours.Thats one of the reasons I always buy the Corsas brand new and from the same dealer.Your problem will 99% be the indicator relay which vauxhall know about.It is located to the right of the battery in a black box.The indicator relay is yellow so just pop it out and replace it for a new 1.Its a 10 minute job for any garage and should be no more than £40.

#218 12-10-08 22:38:19

la.monikita
Verified Member

My Vauxhall dealer always prioritises instructors,never had a problem getting car in same day to get looked at and get a dual controlled courtesy car if they cant fix it in 48 hours.When you buy one you should ask the dealer what back up service they can offer,if you push Vauxhall they will pay £25 a day for a dualled hire car and often the full cost if the fault cant be fixed within 48 hours.Thats one of the reasons I always buy the Corsas brand new and from the same dealer.Your problem will 99% be the indicator relay which vauxhall know about.It is located to the right of the battery in a black box.The indicator relay is yellow so just pop it out and replace it for a new 1.Its a 10 minute job for any garage and should be no more than £40.

that's why forums are great, thank you everyone.

I swapped all the yellow relays around and it made no difference, change the black ones around too. Unfortunately the manual is b l oody useless, so I have no idea which relay does what.

Do you all know that there are 45k of driving instructors in the UK at the moment. We are huge customer base for car manufacturer and dealers, why are we treated like dirt? Is there a reason?

I would be more then happy to hear where you can hire a dual control car for £25 a day or which dealers are prepared to be that good. I would buy my next car from them!!!
I will definitely not buy another Corsa though, especially the new one. It cost me £25 per week more in fuel then the current one. I'm in business to make money not chuck them at petrol stations.

Abraham Maslow

#219 14-10-08 20:24:34

kaf
Verified Member
Website

TC wrote:

that's why forums are great, thank you everyone.

I swapped all the yellow relays around and it made no difference, change the black ones around too. Unfortunately the manual is b l oody useless, so I have no idea which relay does what.

Do you all know that there are 45k of driving instructors in the UK at the moment. We are huge customer base for car manufacturer and dealers, why are we treated like dirt? Is there a reason?

I would be more then happy to hear where you can hire a dual control car for £25 a day or which dealers are prepared to be that good. I would buy my next car from them!!!
I will definitely not buy another Corsa though, especially the new one. It cost me £25 per week more in fuel then the current one. I'm in business to make money not chuck them at petrol stations.

Spoke with my local Honda dealer this morning and told him that if they fitted a set of duals to a courtesy car they would have a great opportunity to sell more cars.
Routine servicing we can schedule, breakdowns are another matter.
He had his serious thinking face on when I left.

#220 19-12-08 20:56:51

Hale
Verified Member
Website

I have an SXI (02 plate) 53,000 on the clock.
The classic gear linkage had already been replaced when i bought it.
Apart from that had to replace front disc and brake pads. They had warped because previous owner had replaced the pads only, probably to get it through an MOT.
Apart from that loads of TLC and no other problems to report, yet!

Just love the Corsa planning on getting the new shape in 6 months.
If anyone know of any 'new' problems please let us know.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#221 19-12-09 19:51:01

Hale
Verified Member
Website

getting rid of 02 SXI and replacing with 56 SXI+ (c shape)

Things replaced in 3 years of having the car;
New handbrake lever
New front brake discs and pads
New tyres
Needs new indicator relay switch
Needs new battery

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#222 20-12-09 19:50:38

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Known problems with new model Corsa.

1. Glovebox lid fragile and falls off, don't try to put too much into it..

2. Heater fan susceptible to failure.

3. A significant minority of users report early clutch wear.

#223 15-02-10 21:31:40

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Hi Everyone

Anybody test driven the new shape 1.2 Corsa, now being advertised on t.v?  I am driving a Yaris D4-D but seriously looking into a Corsa.  Would love some opinions.

Many thanks

Bouncer

#224 15-02-10 22:09:07

VandADI
Administrator

1.2 new corsa very underpowered as car is slightly heavier than the old model 1.2 -

#225 15-02-10 22:15:15

la.monikita
Verified Member

If you don't want go gray before your time I would stick to Toyota wink
1.2 engine in a heavy car? No go in it at all. I have not driven the 1.2 petrol but the diesel 1.3 70 and 90 bhp and even tho they hold the road they are heavy cars. Having had 2 Corsas and going bankrupt because of them I will never buy one as long as I live. Garbage is perhaps putting it mildly. To add the electronic indicators are pants too on the D one.

Abraham Maslow

Board footer