You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-10-08 20:37:41

DEE

very strange indeed

Hiya folks

Something very strange happened at the traffic lights today.
I was approaching the traffic lights. 2 lanes, 1 to turn left and 1 to turn right. As I approached the lights they were on green with a car sat waiting in the right hand lane. I just assumed he had either stalled or broken down. As I reached the lights they changed to amber so I stopped. Of course next they changed to red as usual. Then onto the strange thing. The man in the right lane pulled off on red straight into oncoming traffic  yikes  . I couldnt believe my eyes. :? You could hear brakes screeching to a standstill but he didnt care, He just carried on without a care in the world. When someone beeped at him he even stopped in the middle of the junction to wind down his window and tell the lady driver to *beep off*   yikes
I have no idea why he was sat waiting at the traffic lights while they were on green and certainly have no idea why he decided to go once the lights had changed to red and the traffic coming from the other direction was already flowing perhaps he was colour blind     roll
Since I started driving I have seen some very silly driving but I think that this one certainly takes the prize  neutral

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

10-10-08 20:37:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: very strange indeed

#2 10-10-08 21:07:58

driver69

I have seen this many times over the years, could be colour blindness but I think sometime people are "switched off" when driving and they have stopped when they see the light changing and then not thinking or busy talking or something else then they see the change and automatically go without thinking or checking.  Probably not that he didn`t care, he is maybe not even aware what he has done, which is even worse.  That`s why I would never go through a green light without checking the junction.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving on a 50mph dual carriageway locally which has a set of lights, they were red on approach but changed, the driver in front must not have seen the red light but he did see the change and stopped in the outside lane narrowly missing being hit by a lorry.

Similar can happen if someone waiting at a red light moves, the car in the next lane can often react and think the light has changed and just drives off.

#3 10-10-08 22:25:14

Stephen7738

Or it could be quite as simple as a lot of the times I have seen the driver has been holding a conversation on a mobile phone either hand held or hands free, and has been concentrating more on the call than his driving.
Stephen

#4 11-10-08 13:20:46

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I've see this type of thing several times. I put it down to what I have been told as being in pedestrian mode.

As a driver we see a red light stop but the pedestrian see's it as safe to cross. I am sure that other instructors will have seen many other modes of driving smile

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 11-10-08 14:23:19

driver69

Hi

I've see this type of thing several times. I put it down to what I have been told as being in pedestrian mode.

As a driver we see a red light stop but the pedestrian see's it as safe to cross. I am sure that other instructors will have seen many other modes of driving smile

Tony

The most common mode of driving I see is Brain Dead Mode.

#6 11-10-08 15:04:26

DampDog
Verified Member

Lol..Dead Brain Mode.

Think it's comes as std. with a white van. About 6 weeks back pulled up at a crossroads on a dual carriageway. Been stopped at the lights for about 10 seconds. White van in the outside lane went straight through, never even slowed. Don't think he ever saw them. Scares you death to see it and imagine what could have happened.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#7 12-10-08 02:15:14

dog
Verified Member

I saw the most blatant case of going through a red light ever the other day, woman in big 4x4 comes to light controlled junction, emerges into junction, straight through red light as if it's not even there  :?

People speeding up for red lights does my nack too, it's mainly taxi drivers too, a taxi undertook me and sped up (to about 45 or so I reckon) on a 30 road to jump a light which changed to red just before he got to the line.

Board footer