You are not logged in.

#1 09-10-08 21:37:20

SteveSAS

Seat Belts for Test?

Hi All,

Had an assessment drive in Rigid (Class C) LGV the other day & was amazed that it had no drivers seat belt fitted. It had a passenger one for the examiner.
I know it doesn't state a drivers seat belt is neccesary in the vehicle requirments but it just does not feel right taking your test without one.

Any opinions on this?

Thanks

Steve

09-10-08 21:37:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Seat Belts for Test?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-10-08 08:46:19

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I had this "problem" when I took lessons for my heavy vehicle endorsement (NT Australia), the trainer trucks didn't have belts and I felt very vulnerable.
The trainers said they weren't bothered though, one even said he doubted if belts in trucks would make much difference, but I didn't agree with this and never lost the uncomfortable feeling.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#3 10-10-08 19:48:38

jonnmedds
Verified Member

I conducted a driver awareness course in an old ERF artic with no seatbelts fitted the other day and I agree it doesn't feel right. I'm sure that being sat high up you've more chance of being thrown through the windscreen.

Jon

#4 12-10-08 17:02:15

lilly
Verified Member

Can't believe there are still companies using training trucks without the minimum safety requirements.  My advise, your life is just as valuable as the examiners or trainers find another company to do your training.

Lilly

#5 13-10-08 09:22:56

AndyBerry

I must admit it still feels weird driving a service bus without a belt, even after 5 years!

Andy

Board footer