You are not logged in.

#1 28-09-08 18:58:24

robertjones207
Verified Member

Insurance

Hi all,

I am looking for some advise. I am about to start on a pink licence and i am wondering about insurance.

Can someone explain to me how the insurance works. Do i get additional insurance on top of my normal insurance or do i get a new policy and cancel my normal insurance.

Can anyone also recommend a good insurance company.

Cheers

Robert

28-09-08 18:58:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-09-08 21:21:38

driver69

Re: Insurance

If are using your own car you will need insurance that will cover for teaching, this will also cover you for driving for social domestic and pleasure so it will replace your current insurance.  If you are on a franchise who supply a car then I think they normally also supply the insurance but not 100% sure. Try looking here:

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/adi_insurance/

C&A Mackie gave a very competitive quote.

When you get insurance for teaching you can transfer any NCB from your existing insurance but if you insure a seperate car for teaching you will be starting with no NCB, although I think some companies give an introductory bonus.  They usually also ask for proof that you have passed part 2, and require dual controls to be fitted.

Board footer