You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 25-09-08 07:54:52

DEE

Nearly got squished

Hi all

Travelling down the M6 from Blackpool early hours of Wednesday morning and im sat behind a huge lorry. Decided to overtake him...checked mirrors...indicate...check blindspot...Nothing about....so I procede to overtake him...Everythings fine. Motorway is very quiet.....Untill I get level with the drivers cab...He indicates and comes towards me  yikes yikes. I blast Zaffy's horn and shout some not so nice words at him  :? Luckily the next lane is empty so I move over stick my foot down and get the hell out of his way!!! I didnt pull back in untill he is just a tiny speck in my rear view!!!
Myself and my passengers are just so lucky that the next lane was empty or there would have been nowhere for me to go. I would have been squished between the two  sad yikes. There is NO WAY that the lorry driver didnt/couldnt see me. I was level with his cab and could see his face!!!!!!!!!!!...........Why dont they look????
How on earth do they pass their tests???
Im just lucky I got out of there alive and my passengers too!!!!
Just thought I would share my not so nice experience with you all

Stay safe out there....There are some real nutters on our roads!!!!!

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

25-09-08 07:54:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Nearly got squished

#2 25-09-08 09:42:34

Lynne
Verified Member

I'd hope lane 3 was clear else you could get squished from both sides.   You surely wouldn't have gone up the middle anyway ..

Use the available space.  Use lane 3 to overtake large vehicles Dee, even if lane 2 is free.  Your not causing anyone a problem if there's no one there are you?   smile  I can still hear my RoSPA Dip trainer's voice in my head, saying some some not very choice words to me if I didn't give him, when possible, a lane's clearance esp from large vehicles when overtaking.   big_smile

#3 25-09-08 09:44:47

kjs
Verified Member
Website

I'd give Dee at least 2 lanes clearance  big_smile tongue :angel:

kjs

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 25-09-08 12:22:42

DEE

I'd give Dee at least 2 lanes clearance  big_smile tongue :angel:

kjs

:x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#5 26-09-08 21:41:30

starlight_

I just spent ages replying to you Dee and it just blinking disappeared!!!! ARRRG!!

I blinking passed, at last!! smile 19/03/08 - OMG I've been driving a year! Sold Betty & haven't stopped sobbing since....

#6 26-09-08 23:57:03

dog
Verified Member

I almost squished a motorcyclist today who decided that give way markings do not apply to him.

Board footer