You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-09-08 11:19:45

la.monikita
Verified Member

web hosting

I need some advice/recommendation regarding the hosting of a (my) website. I'm currently with MCL Web Solutions.

I have been unable to log into my site and my emails seem to be ignored. I'm afraid that it will soon be off line if it continues like that. I have saved all the html coding and the site itself without logging in but would like to change the company for something reliable.

So is there anyone who can offer some advice regarding this?
I also might be looking to change the site in the next month or so.

I Will be most grateful

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

14-09-08 11:19:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: web hosting

#2 14-09-08 14:28:53

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Microsoft Office Live were offering a fairly comprehensive package for FREE, a;though their web page designer is somewhat unorthodox.
mine is hosted there.

http://smallbusiness.officelive.com/?lc=2057&cloc=en-gb

#3 14-09-08 17:44:15

driver69

I have been with 1and1.co.uk for years now for several different sites and I have never had any problems with them.  They provide Linux and Microsoft Frontpage hosting.  I am sure there are cheaper but they do seem reliable.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 14-09-08 22:49:38

Disky
Verified Member
Website

I have been with 1and1.co.uk for years now for several different sites and I have never had any problems with them.  They provide Linux and Microsoft Frontpage hosting.  I am sure there are cheaper but they do seem reliable.

agree with that ,, i have used 1&1 for years, tried (gulp) Jonks, i had no issues, but i know some that have, so 1&1 it will be for me next time

#5 15-09-08 16:16:52

russellgarner
Verified Member

use reg-123.co.uk, everything you need

#6 15-09-08 19:42:43

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Another vote for 1and 1, never any problems.

http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/Home … 1507749229

#7 15-09-08 23:03:15

la.monikita
Verified Member

looks like 1&1 is wining so far.
how easy is to copy my code into their program, is it possible? I want to use the meta tags in my site...
When i say the above is like a blind trying to describe the rainbow...

Abraham Maslow

#8 16-09-08 06:30:17

la.monikita
Verified Member

Does anyone know how you move a site from one hosting company to the other? I'm not able to get any response to my emails now, sounds like jonks through and through  roll sad even though i know it's not related neutral

Abraham Maslow

#9 16-09-08 08:11:03

driver69

You can use a program called SmartFTP which is free for personal use I think.  If you have your username and password you can login using FTP(File Transfer Protocal) and download your site to your PC. Then login to your new providers web space and upload the files from your PC.

If you already have your files on your PC then it should just be a matter of uploading your site.

http://www.smartftp.com/download/

#10 16-09-08 12:08:21

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I pretty sure you can't just shift your site onto a different server without cancelling your current IP and notifying the Internet community of your new one. A bit like shifting house without telling anyone and expecting mail to be automatically redirected.
That said, many web hosting providers will handle the changeover but this has to be done formally before you simply "swap addresses". (If you have a new provider they might have done this for you, but it's worth checking up).
I must admit haven't swapped providers myself, but I would expect that you need some sort of "proof of ownership" e.g. a special password agreed between you & your original provider, this is just my humble opinion and some web-savvy forum members might like to correct me on this.

Smart FTP is a very good program (basic version is free), I use it all the time now with no problems.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#11 16-09-08 21:22:56

tobyphotos
Verified Member
Website

I also am using 1&1 and so far have had no problems 8-)

Taking a Positive approach to learning to Drive
www.positivetuition.co.uk
+447828724510

#12 17-09-08 06:58:43

la.monikita
Verified Member

Thanks everyone, I will email 1&1 when I get a minute. See what they think. I will report back with what I find  wink

Abraham Maslow

#13 19-09-08 14:26:59

kaf
Verified Member
Website

With 1and 1 you can import HTML and use meta tags

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 20-09-08 00:37:47

la.monikita
Verified Member

With 1and 1 you can import HTML and use meta tags

cool, hopefully will try something this weekend

Abraham Maslow

#15 21-09-08 07:48:45

jackcollison
Verified Member

I just started using www.webmania.co.uk its £30 a year and they have free 24/7 live support which has been really handy... you can also use server side scripting with them like php which helps..

Board footer