You are not logged in.

#1 09-09-08 14:40:21

Laura Harris

Peugeot 207 - Petrol Or Diesel - 3dr or 5dr

Hiya,

These seem to be becoming increasingly popular with ADI's round my area so just wondered if anyone has got one and what their thoughts are on them?  Quite tempted for my next car looking at the design and going for a test drive later this week.

Thanks

09-09-08 14:40:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Peugeot 207 - Petrol Or Diesel - 3dr or 5dr

#2 15-09-08 20:40:38

jonnmedds
Verified Member

Hi Laura,
I've had a 207 1.6Hdi 5 door since May 07.
To be honest I can't fault the car, nice to drive, learners love it, never broken down(touch wood) and the fuel economy is great. On a trip to Manchester, mostly motorway, I averaged 65mpg.

Best of all it's a car that I love to drive 8-)
Jon

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 16-09-08 09:17:19

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Totally agree with Jon. Mine is a 1.6 hdi, but a three door. Must admit I think that the 5 dr will be the better of the 2 due to the shape of the rear windows on the 3 dr,[ which would be the rear dr windows on the 5 dr ]. They can be a bit aukward when judging points of turn. I have found away around it, tho it took some doing. Other than that, like Jon, I can't fault the car at all. Best motor i've had by miles.

kjs

#4 16-09-08 10:07:12

neil8181
Verified Member

Sorry Laura,

I hate Pugs!I had a 207 and the damn thing spent far to long back at the dealer rather than helping me earn a living.

Faults recorded-
engine management, clutch, brake pads, brake pads, brake pads, handbrake, brake pads, engine management(again!), have I added brake pads in all of that?  Oh yeah and to rub salt in the wounds they broke!

I demanded them to buy the F'in thing back off me again.

Like all makes of cars, if you have a bad one, they'll put you off for life.

I've gone for the Fiat Punto this time around, cheap and cheerfull, half the price of a 207 & you won't find too many people who've had one knocking them.

Remember you're in the game to make £££££££££'s.

The pups can scrape those wheel trims down the kerb all day long!

I got so fed up of pupils scraping those nice shiney alloys down that long rough kerb, it used to go through me!

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#5 13-11-08 19:00:33

mon
Verified Member
Website

Hi Laura my sister loaned me her Pueguet 206 for a week and I have never drove a nicer car,Iknow its not the model you are going for a test drive in but from the Instructors angle and I'm not one just yet I thought it had great views out the rear windows and was so slick on gear changes.My missus has a Corsa Design,I do think it is a good wee car but views out the back forget it,gear changing is crunchy (if that is a term).
I must admit to admiring the 207 and dream of getting my name on the roof of a shiny Red one..
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

Board footer