You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 21-08-08 23:15:36

shelim
Verified Member

Why choose this Driving Instructor

Hello Everyone
Please vote and make a comment to help all the learners and the driving instructor on what's the most important factor you take in to consideration when choosing a driving instructor.

21-08-08 23:15:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Why choose this Driving Instructor

#2 23-08-08 21:08:05

slonstedy
Verified Member

I think all the choices are of importance and by ticking one box wouldn't do justice to the others as they are also equaly as important.

#3 26-08-08 22:31:58

koolchick

I think recomendation is 1st one I'd go for then price of lesson or special offer. Obviously always have a few lessons with any ADI before block booking incase you don't like them. The car they use I couldn't care less as you can learn in any and you should be able to drive any with time getting used to it.

#4 27-08-08 09:34:10

HereComesTrouble

As an Instructor Trainer (someone who trains instructors) I would advise you to start with recommendation first, usually the best. Price I wouldn't put into the equation at all as you get what you pay for. Ever had happy shopper cornflakes or bread? As good as Kellogs Crunch Nut or Hovis? Point made????

You should be able to see that you can get along with youyr instructor after the very first lesson. You don't have to like them, but it does help. Don't lose site of your goal. to drive safely and pass your test. You want an instructor who can achieve both. No good passing your test and getting killed next week is it?

So, I suggest the very first words out of your mouth to the instructor when phoning is: 'Can you teach me how to pass my test?' Hopefully they will say 'I can teach you how to drive, passing the test is just something that happens along the way'. rather than 'yes'

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 27-08-08 17:26:37

Leprechaun

I think recomendation is 1st one I'd go for then price of lesson or special offer. Obviously always have a few lessons with any ADI before block booking incase you don't like them. The car they use I couldn't care less as you can learn in any and you should be able to drive any with time getting used to it.

I would echo that - i made the mistake of block booking 11 lessons with an instructor i'd never met - i think i spent from lesson 2/3-11 hating every minute of my driving lessons. During this time my friend was also learning to drive with another ADI and kept raving about how nice / calm / patient etc she was and all the time i'm feeling worse wishing i was learning with her. Towards the end of my 11 lessons with ADI no.1 i rang the other one to see if she could fit me in. As soon as i'd had a lesson or two with her i felt so much more comfortable and wished i hadn't wasted however much i gave the other bloke

#6 09-09-08 01:37:13

dog
Verified Member

I chose my instructor because of a recommendation from a friend (the instructor was a good friend of his family).

Although if I didn't get a recommendation, and had to find one myself, I'd be looking at websites I'd seen on instruction cars around the city, and my decision would be based on the car and the presentation of the website. E.g I wouldn't go with a company who taught in something like a 15 year old Fiesta, or a company with a website which looked like it was thrown together in 5 minutes in MS Word.

#7 09-09-08 22:16:05

Tracey89

My first instructor i got recomended by an old school friend and booked my first lesson with him, (it was a big mistake) he made me so nervous and always shouted at me!  :oops:

My 2nd was a nice bloke based near my college where i am in term time and i picked him off this website and had quite a few lessons with him but felt like i wasnt getting anywhere and was having family problems so i left lessons for about a month and didnt go back to him.

My 3rd Instructor who im with now is great and i got directed to her website by a friend of mine, got told she was good, so i booked a lesson with her and ive not looked back. smile She has helped me sooo much and i think driving around my hometown and that has made it easier than driving round where im based at college 60 miles away like i did with my 2nd instructor.

XxTJxX

xX.:Can we bring yesterday back around coz I know how I feel about you now....:.xX

*Theory Tessed passed on 20/06/08 - Questions: 48/50 & H&P: 51/75*

#8 11-09-08 18:14:51

Target
Verified Member
Website

Remember thou its about what you want.

Ive been recommended to the Harvester Restaurants before, but I would'nt eat their now even if you paid me.

Each person is different and we all have different requirements. As pointed out, to some the car does not matter but others its an important decision when choosing their instructor. Great coaching skills has to be high on the list, yet thats no good if theres smoke pooring in through the windows and the engine sounds like its going to fall out.

Write a list of the things you want and see if your instructor can provide them.

When you have asked all the questions, then ask the price. This goes for anything. You need to know what your getting then decide if the price fits the service. Whenever I purchase goods I always look at the item first and try not to see the price.

Any hesitation or BS with the questions, then walk away. If someone really thinks they have a 100% pass rate then good luck to them, but walk away.

Narrow the choice down and go out with a few instructors to see how you get on.

Ive had plenty coming to me with recommendations from other schools, so I ask why they changed instructors. Some just reply they never got on with the other person.

Its upto you to decide, for what is a very important decision, as you will be spending some 50 hours with this person and possibly spending anything in the region of £1000-£2000 for a life skill.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer