You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-09-08 09:18:38

Jaemey
Verified Member
Website

Part 3 Pst 4 Pass with a 5/4 now with write up

Hi all I finally managed it. After two years hard work, trials and tribulations, a daughter, a devastating illness, I finally managed to pull it out the bag. I honestly thought that events were conspiring against me and thought I wasn't gonna make the test. But I did and I passed with a 5/4. Its funny I look back on my posts and look at the very first one. My god I've come so far. There will be a write up, but not right now, I just wanna savour this for a couple of days. If I can give any advice (if it's worth anything to anyone  big_smile ) to anyone it would be that when the bad times come, and believe me they will, and life throws lemons at you, throw them back! Think of the hard work you've put in so far keep at it and when the day comes for you to sit your part 3, relax. It's gonna happen one way or the other so you might as well be comfortable whilst you do it. Believe it or not your examiner is there to help. They want you to pass. Listen for their lifelines, and don't prattle on regardless when they do give you one. Anyway I'll do a write up soon but just wanna savour this for a couple of days.

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

www.passexpress.co.uk

03-09-08 09:18:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 Pst 4 Pass with a 5/4 now with write up

#2 03-09-08 10:40:17

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile perserverance finally pays off!!!!  big_smile

VERY WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

#3 05-09-08 11:44:14

HARRYH
Verified Member

Very well done and enjoy the moment. I know how you feel as I have been there and it took me some time to do it. I have now had my first check test attaining a grade 5, part 3 seems an age ago but the trials and tribulations seem like yesterday.

good luck for the future and hope everything works out OK.

big_smile lol big_smile

#4 05-09-08 16:53:18

wolves
Verified Member

Excellent, well done.
Best wishes Paul

Part 1.....100% & 57  passed 1st Time
Part 2.....4 minors     Passed 1st Time
Part 3.....3 & 3         Failed 1st attempt
part 3.....2 & 3         Failed 2nd attempt
part 3.....3 & 4         Failed 3rd attempt
part 1..Round2..96% & 68% passed 1st time
Part 2..Round2..3 minors 1 serious failed 1st attempt
Part 2..Round2..5 minors Passed 2nd attempt
Part 3..Round2..4 & 3 Failed 1st attempt
part 3..round2..3 & 3 failed 2nd attempt
part 3..round2..4 & 5 PASSED 3rd attempt woohoo!

#5 05-09-08 17:04:31

sipin
Verified Member

Well done and all the best for the future

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#6 07-09-08 19:51:43

wolves
Verified Member

looking forward to the wright up????

#7 08-09-08 15:10:22

Trumper
Verified Member

Well done. Look forward to WRITE up. big_smile

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#8 08-09-08 19:54:03

Jaemey
Verified Member
Website

So now I've had the chance to savour it I thought you guys would like to hear what happened.

Traffic was completely horrendous the exit on the motorway before the one I wanted was closed so traffic was backed up for miles, so I was beginning to panic. Satnav helped me out big time and arrived at the TC at the time my test was supposed to start. Someone who was waiting asked me who I was and told me that my examiner had asked for me, my heart sank. I knocked on the door and my examiner (really nice fella) said just take 5 mins to relax as he was waiting on some paper work coming through anyway. PHEW!!!! Managed to get my composure back a bit and started to relax, I couldn't believe I started to become calm before the test had even started lol. Anyway out from the offic e from whence he came. My examiner asked me the usual, signed the declaration, and introduced me to a guy who would be sitting in the back. I think he was training to become a part 3 examiner. My nerves started to build up again so I did something my trainer said I should, be myself, so I cracked a joke and the response made me calm down again.
PHASE1 Reverse to the right:

Enroute to practice area he displayed some minor control issues, kept jumping off the clutch, so pulled him over at the earliest opportunity, and ironed out the creases, explained thickness of a pound coin and to hold his feet still until we're moving, then gently raise the clutch. I talked him through this as I wanted to make sure I was giving positive instruction. He responded really well to this and the fault was cured and didn't re-present itself. He asked me to pull him over on the left and to begin the reverse to the right. Briefed him on what to do before we pulled accross the road making sure he knew his position for pulling up, when to signal and how far to pull up beyond the junction, then I finished the brief over the other side. All in I think it took about 6 mins I wasn't really timing it. Asked him about the slope (reversing we would be going downhill) and how did he think he would control it. He was a bit vague so I jumped in with brake and clutch and that there wouldn't be any need for the biting point cos we were going downhill. Got him to do his obs and begin the manouvre, which immediately he wanted to set biting point. Stopped him and explained that we didn't need it and that when he lets off the H/brake he should control the speed on the brake, talked him through it. We got back to my ref point for turningand asked him if he could see the kerb in the back passenger door window to which he replied yes I explained that this is the point at which we were gonna turn the wheel and that he should put on enough steering to keep the kerb where it is now, completely forgetting to tell him to mark the ref point and keep it there. I think because I was quite vague about the steering he had enough "ammo" to steer onto the kerb which he did. This completely threw me and at this point I soooooo thought it was all over. I decided to follow my own advice, which I gave to someone about to sit their test, and decided not to chuck the towel in. I pulled him forward and started again and ended up on the kerb again, I was soo despondant at this point I was talking to myself in my head saying "if you don't sort this out mate I'm gonna have you" lol. I think it worked cos I pulled back to the start position and totally reset myself and talked him through from start to finish, so much so that if he farted I was gonna pull him over and explain how to do it properly. Got back to the ref point told him to mark it and told him to put a quarter turn, it was'nt enough so told him to put another quarter turn on we ended up coming back till parallel, stopped him (had'nt previously gotten to this point with him) explained we were gonna need to take steering off got him to do obs and started to move, I was all over him, we had moved about 4 ft and we were totally sorted, stopped him again and explained that we needed to now come back in a straight line about 4/5 car lengths and need to use 11 12 1 method to get to the correct position. talked him totally through it once we had stopped he ended the phase. At this point I still thought I'd blown it but I was determined to show the guy I knew my stuff.

Phase 2: Emerging at T-Junctions

Q+A'd him about zones of vision, Open and closed Junctions, Creep and peep and how to do it, Obs and position. I was really conscious of my time on Phase 2 so got him on the move a.s.a.p. Straight away his position for turning right was wrong so I corrected that by giving him a ref point, once that was sorted he tried to do it again but managed positive instruction and talked him through the next one. He then started to miss his obs looking left and right, he was staring off in one direction so remedied that by explaining the necessity for good obs, especially at junctions gave him a few what if questions and he gave me the correct answers, to re-enforce them I talked him thru the next one, again seemed to nail this. I was feeling quite confident about this phase and started to settle in properly trying to get in with preventative talkthrough before the mistake happened, at this point he gave me a lifeline by asking if he could have a go at the next one, I said yes and that I'd still be here to help if he needed it. Got to the next junction and his obs were o.k. but not amazing, so pulled him over. I said to him that he was doing brilliantly with most of the stuff that we had discovered a problem with and that I would be happy to hand that over to him but at the next couple of junctions I would like to talk him thru the obs, as I wasn't entirely happy with them. We made our way back to the test centre at that point, so talked him thru the couple of junctions from where we were, ensuring he looked and looked again, quoting the phrase think once think twice think bike! lol. He asked me if I thought he pass his test so I threw the question back at him asking what he had learned he responded with the right stuff.
  Back at the ranch I was fully expecting a "you were close but no cigar" response. He asked me into his office and asked how I thought I'd done, I Started to summarise everything and said well I'm sure there's still work to be done. (In other words I reckon I've failed so just tell me.LOL) He said well Jaemey there is still some work to be done and I'm sure you're capable so I'm pleased to tell you that you've passed. I nearly pooped the seat. I couldn't believe it. A cheshire cat grin crept across my face, I felt like that moment when the Midwife comes out and tells you congratulaions you have a baby girl. Dumbfounded.

Anyway hope there wasn't too much waffle and hope it helps.

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

www.passexpress.co.uk

#9 09-09-08 17:03:32

wolves
Verified Member

Good wright up,well done.
regards Paul

#10 10-09-08 09:59:58

Mutley
Verified Member

Well done to you.

I enjoyed reading your write up.

Mutley.

DSA Grade 6 Adi,IAM Masters and Senior Observer,RoSPA Gold,Local Authority Fleet Trainer and Assessor, NDAC on Road Trainer.

Board footer