You are not logged in.

#1 07-09-08 18:28:17

redrobbie

Part two test - Car

Hiya everyone, great forum. I'm ready to take my part two test and would like to know if turning up to the test in a 18yr car is not advisable? The car is a 1990 Golf Gti.

I also wanted to know if the examiner would have any problems with a flashing light on the dashboard. It's a coolant warning light but it's an electrical fault with the sensor not a low level of coolant. Also the passenger side electric window has given up and heater blower motor has gone  roll. I really don't want to spend any more money on this car and my instructor said that it shouldn't be a problem, just wanted to get a second opinion.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know I should get a new car  :oops:, but I'm so used to driving this car.

07-09-08 18:28:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part two test - Car

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 07-09-08 18:37:15

VandADI
Administrator

Hi redrobbie,
So long as your vehicle fulfills the criteria : (as written on your letter)
It is your responsibility to provide a car which is properly taxed and insured. It must be a saloon car or hatchback/estate car in good working condition and with seat belts in working order. It must be capable of the normal performance of vehicles of its type with a manual transmission, right-hand steering, a readily adjustable seat with a head restraint for a forward facing front passenger, and an adjustable interior rear view mirror for use by the examiner. The car must not display L plates.

If your vehicle does not meet the above requirements, it will not be possible to carry out the test.

The chances are the test will not go ahead due to the warning light flashing.
Also, on the SMTM questions, if you get the one where you have to demonstrate the demister controls, with your heater motor not working you will not be able to demonstrate this.

#3 08-09-08 10:31:06

redrobbie

Thanks guys for your advice, really appreciated.

#4 08-09-08 16:02:04

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Can you not use your trainers car?

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 08-09-08 17:45:07

redrobbie

The thing is all my training lessons where taken in this car, I pick him up from his house and we then proceed with the driving lesson. I wish I found this forum earlier I could have asked my question sooner. You would think he would have said something!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 08-09-08 19:23:45

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Cat8t3 wrote:

The thing is all my training lessons where taken in this car, I pick him up from his house and we then proceed with the driving lesson. I wish I found this forum earlier I could have asked my question sooner. You would think he would have said something!

You would hope so.

Surely he noticed the warning light and let you know that it wouldn't be accepted by the DSA for any kind of test?

#7 09-09-08 12:04:09

redrobbie

I'm going to seek another adi around my area before I go for this test, who knows what else his missed sad.

#8 09-09-08 18:34:16

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I'm going to seek another adi around my area before I go for this test, who knows what else his missed sad.

Sensible, even if just for a bit of reassurance.

#9 30-09-08 06:10:52

ExAdiNigel

Where are you based?  Perhaps someone on here can help you?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#10 30-09-08 19:35:58

lele
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I have just done my pt 2 in my 407, I had a light on the dash which was a faulty sensor, I asked the question to my trainer as I didnt use my car for training,  I was told best to get it sorted before test as you dont want to have your test cancelled and lose your money.

I knew it wasn't anything serious as the same problem had been apparently rectified 3 weeks before hand.

I booked my car into the garage to get done and got it back the day before my test, needless to say I was worried it would come on again half way through.

I was even considering hiring a car just in case.

Good luck smile

Board footer