You are not logged in.

#1 27-08-08 15:33:50

nickybrom22

My nerves are beggining to start up again!!

I have my test again Friday for the 5th time! as I am gettin closer to the date my nerves are starting to get the better of me I really really badly need to pass I dnt really fancy taking my next test in Upton .... help!!! :?

27-08-08 15:33:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My nerves are beggining to start up again!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-08-08 22:33:58

shelim
Verified Member

Hi

As a Instructor I come across lot of this as pupils get closer to the test their Nerves gets in the way of passing the test. The reason pupil fails the test is not that they can't drive its just they put themself under unnecessary pressure.

My advice
1.Relax and don't think of the test
2. Don't think about pass or fail just do your very best
3. make your self believe its only a another driving lesson with a different instructor
4. Make a conversation with the examiner will help
5 Calm down remedy may work no harm in trying.

#3 28-08-08 02:23:53

HereComesTrouble

Good advise there. I suggest trying not to consider it an exam or test at all. Treat it as an old friend of mine you are giving a lift to, they will tell you the way. Drive like you normally do, there is no such thing as a test mode! Psychology works a lot here.

think of something nice you own. A TV, hi-fi, PC or clothes maybe.How did you get it? You went out and decided I AM HAVING THAT! I want it, I am having it and ta-da.... you got it.

Do you want to pass? So do the same thing, go out to get it, grab hold of the pass and keep it and ta-da. the examiner gives you what you went out to get, just like a TV, hi-fi or clothes!

Good luck, relax and have a FUN DRIVE with my friend. They are very nice and really do want to see you pass. Enjoy the day.

#4 28-08-08 08:17:12

nickybrom22

thanks for the advice much appreciated i think i will try a calm remedy and i will do my best!

#5 28-08-08 11:51:32

JLS
Verified Member

Alternatively, imagine that, instead of having an Examiner in the Passenger seat, it is someone who you admire and respect, like a favourite Grandparent, or Aunt or Uncle, who are not critical of you, who are proud of everything you do. They are visiting the town that you are driving in, you are chauffeuring them where ever they want to go and you want them to feel safe and comfortable and impressed by your driving!
Also,even when you aren't driving,spend some time imagining that you are driving, to work/college/shops/cinema/friends from turning on the engine, to every junction and MSPSL routine, changing gears, braking and accelerating!
As this is your 5th time, you know what to expect-use this to your advantage!You are way ahead of the other people who are on their 1st attempt and have no idea of what it will entail!
Remember,You are in charge! The Examiner is only an Observer, who is just checking that you can cope with any situation that crops up and that you do it safely and competently. If you are doing everything correctly in the car, then you will be able to assess and act on everything outside the car.
Well done for persevering!Believe in yourself! JLS

#6 28-08-08 13:05:16

iwanadrive

Hiya, i passed my test today (4th time) and what worked for me was listening to a relaxation cd the night before and in the morning before the test.  In my relaxation cd it says to breathe in and as you do so say the word calm to yourself, which really helped.  Just before going out on the test i started doing my breathing and saying the word calm to myself and when out driving, whenever i felt nervous, i kept doing my breathing and saying the word calm to myself, it actually really helped me.

I also did the one where i just imagined the person sat next to me regularly came out driving with me and one point just imagined it was my instructor.

Best of luck to you, its a hard slog but am sure your hard work will pay off.  If its any concelation, on this test, it was the one where i was the most nervous, was literally spending all week worrying about it!

#7 28-08-08 23:59:34

DEE

Hi Nicky

Just want to wish you all the luck in the world for your test  smile

Good advice from Iwanadrive

If all that fails...........and you are still feeling nervous....Imagine the Examiner is sitting there naked.........I was told this before my last test....Must admit it brought a smile to my face and it must have worked as I passed on that test...My 4th attempt

It does help if the examiner is dishy though  big_smile lol
Unfortunately mine was getting on ....so the image of him naked didn't quite have the disired affect   roll.........Or did it?....I passed  big_smile

Just go out there and show them that you CAN drive
And that you DESERVE that license

**YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT**

**SUCCESS COMES IN CANS AND NOT CANNOTS**

Lots of PMA (positive mental attitude) coming your way

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#8 29-08-08 23:04:00

DEE

Hi Nic

A little birdie tells me that you passed  big_smile
Well done you!!!!!!!!!
Now go out there and enjoy that pinkie

All that hard work is worth it  smile

Stay safe out there and enjoy your new found freedom

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#9 30-08-08 22:24:41

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

"tweet tweet" i was'nt sayin anything till nic got to the comp at work lol   roll

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#10 01-09-08 13:26:04

nickybrom22

Hello yeh i passed I am so made up am on my mums insurance now so will be able to drive her car till i can afford my own thanx for all the advice that everyone gave me and I did what 'iwanadrive' said to do was take deep breaths and say calm to myself
And thanks keith - (adi) couldnt of asked for a better instructor! smile

#11 06-09-08 22:15:30

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

hope you are enjoying it nic? you seemed to be when i saw you at the supermarket. thanks for the kind words but it was you who did it - i just guided a bit  big_smile  stay safe. cya on the road  big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

Board footer