You are not logged in.

#1 10-03-05 17:53:37

edzADI

Part 2 Test - long wait, advice?

Earliest date for a part 2 in Reading is June 7th, Slough however, has many dates during April and May.

Should I stick to Reading as it's where I train and drive every day and wait or should I go for an earlier date in Slough and take the test on unfamiliar(ish) routes, is that really an issue??

What would you do??

Thanks

Simon

10-03-05 17:53:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 2 Test - long wait, advice?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-03-05 18:58:38

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Hi Simon,

If you're ready to take part 2 then I would see if you can take it in Slough earlier than June 7th. Perhaps take a drive to Slough and look for any funny junctions or roundabouts. I did that this week in fact as I'm taking my part 2 test there next week. The big problems is the nerves on the day.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#3 10-03-05 19:00:58

terri

i have to wait a long time too, may23rd is mine. I am not going to change centres just because the date is closer. I am just going to use the extra time to get more practice in.
The worst thing is my last training day with tic is 5 weeks before that and they are reluctant to give me any more training, The worst thing is that my boyfriend has his test on tuesday and tic say they cant fit him in for his last training session ( he booked it but they had a problem with their computer)
You would think that after paying that much they would at least give you all the training they said they would do!
Terri
xxx

This parrot is dead
Has ceased to exist
Gone to the cage in the sky

ha ha ha still alive and squawking!

#4 10-03-05 21:31:50

Paul C

Simon, take sibeks advice and take a drive round, ( follow some school cars) & book a 2hr lesson with an instructor in Slough, tell them why and they will take you round the route's,  should be all you need wink

#5 10-03-05 21:34:11

Alibran

I would take the test at Slough.  I've heard a few people say that too much familiarity with the area where you take your part 2 isn't necessarily a good thing, and I've seen this happen myself.  I'm training for part 2 at the moment, and I find I'm most likely to slip back into my old style of driving in areas I'm familiar with.  I booked my test in an unfamiliar area to get an earlier date, and I think I've probably done the right thing.  Well, I'll find out soon enough!!

#6 11-03-05 17:44:48

stdavid
Verified Member
Website

I live 70 miles away from my part 2 test centre and I'm not familiar with the local roads and I have found this to be an advantage.

It makes you scan the road for road signs/markings much more than your more familiar roads.

The effect is similar to commentary driving.

Regards,

David Oswald
http://www.dulas-drive.co.uk/ http://www.webDO/Driving instructors in mid Wales, Powys, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth, Tywyn, Dolgellau, Bala and Barmouth

#7 11-03-05 20:05:55

Rob
Verified Member
Website

Why don't you write to DSA and ask for the test routes for Slough they have to give them to you. Then go and familiarise yourself with strange juctions etc.

#8 12-03-05 23:33:25

disappointed

I'd definitely agree with stdavid - any road is a potential test route and familiarity can sometimes lead you to make assumptions. If you are somewhere new, you'll certainly be looking out more for signs, markings, etc.

I'd be tempted, as already suggested, to go and have a drive round and see if there are any 'odd' or potentially difficult hazards/junctions that you might need to be aware of. Rob's suggestion is a great one - I got both Part 2 and 3 routes from them earlier this week.

Above all, be confident, get out there and show them!

Best of Luck.

#9 13-03-05 09:57:26

rrmark
Verified Member

Hi I took my test in Slough as Reading had a much longer waiting time, I also asked dsa for routes they sent 2 but I wasn't taken on either of these on my test, so dont rely on them. There are at least 4 routes they can use so so if you go for a local trainer you may have to have several lessons with them to cover them all plus depending on the traffic they may take you on a different route on your test. Good luck
Mark

#10 13-03-05 15:51:32

rachdrive
Website

Hi All,

Just a bit of advice for all of you in terms of taking tests.

You need to remember that you have only 2 years from the date you pass part 1 and although that may seem a long time it isn't, when you have to wait for tests etc and the possibility of failing a test or 2.

I would recommend that anyone who is READY for the test, but has to go to different centre to take it ......Go take it (good advice above from others).

If you are not quite ready then wait.

Part 2 is the test that you will have spent the least amount of time on as you all drive anyway, so leave plenty of time for Part 3 as this is unfamilar territory for most!!

Rach  8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer