You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 24-08-08 15:49:04

SMILE
Verified Member
Website

WEBSITE HELP PLEASE.....

Hi

I am currently trying to overhaul my website - I use dreamweaver (if that's relevant).  I originally got someone (friend of a friend) to design it for me but am out of touch with them of late and have been updating the site myself (learning as I go!).  As I said, I would like to do some major re-jigging but need a bit of help with a couple of things.  Firstly, he seems to have designed the site using some kind of framework/text boxes and it will only let me put text & pictures into the one's that already have something in them - any idea how I can use others for example I want to move all my "buttons" to the side as I think they are more visable there, I would also like to add a contact us form but have no idea how to do this.  Any "simple" help would be appreciated please.   

Ginny
ps I dont want to get someone else to do this as I want to be able to change when and where I like - spose I should "do a course"  big_smile

www.smiledrivingschool.com
Lessons in and around Northamptonshire

24-08-08 15:49:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: WEBSITE HELP PLEASE.....

#2 24-08-08 16:14:36

DampDog
Verified Member

I'm sure there will be some kind peeps using this forum will help you sort your site. Your site is laid out as a table, basically colums and rows with stuff in them, text, images, whatever.

Here's a neat little site that has loads of tutorials, html, etc.

w3schools

Before you play Always, always, always... save a copy of your working site before you play. Then you can get back to where you started should it all go horribly wrong. I sure some kind soul will know enough to help you out.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#3 23-10-08 06:46:12

steve_d
Verified Member
Website

Hi Ginny

Sounds like your site has been set up using a Dreamweaver template.

Somewhere under the 'Modify' menu you will find the command 'Detach from template'

When you have detached your page from it's template you will be able to make the modifications that are not currently possible.

There is a lot of information on the internet about how to create an enquiry form.  Your form will need to post the information to a server side script that will send it to you as an email.  Your web site host may have a script already set up to which your form can post. They will also advise on security measures to ensure that your contact form doesn't make their mail servers vulnerable to spammers.

Your web host's support pages are the first place to look for information.

Steve
www.intensive-driving.com
UK Driving instructor directory and introduction service

Driving School Web sites
Link to www.intensive-driving.com we pay up to £20 for web site referrals
Driving school web sites from as little as £30 with free hosting and update service available see www.intensive-driving.com/getawebsite.asp for more information

www.learntodrivein5days.co.uk

#4 19-01-09 11:08:06

idc2000
Website

You could keep the pages attached to the template and change the template itself. You can add/delete editable regions in the template and save the changes to all the pages. This makes it easier when you make updates. You can move the buttons in the template, they will either be ones made in dreamweaver or imported from fireworks.

Intensive Driving Courses Driving School www.idcdriving.com

Board footer