You are not logged in.

#1 17-08-08 09:23:43

hector
Verified Member
Website

Our adopted cat

A cat has moved in with us, trouble is its making most of the local wildlife extinct, rabbits,mice,rats,birds. Nothing is safe. It even kills moths and flies, Its had a chaffinch and blue tit before 10 this morning. Cant get a collar and bell on it, any other ideas?

Its a really nice cat other than when it goes on a murderous spree.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

17-08-08 09:23:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Our adopted cat

#2 17-08-08 11:45:17

AndyBerry

a good whack with a spade should cure it ;-)

#3 17-08-08 11:55:00

DampDog
Verified Member

What about a siren Like the Stukas had? When the little bu gger starts his death run they'll hear him coming.. big_smile

Just feed it cats are bone idle, he'll spend the rest of the day sleeping it off. Can you buy catfood in Blue tit and mouse flavour?

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#4 17-08-08 13:57:01

hector
Verified Member
Website

Damn thing eats everything you put in front of it, so filling its belly doesnt work. I think by putting on my welding gloves there might be a chance of getting a collar and bell on her. Work like the siren principle hopefully!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 17-08-08 14:01:50

DampDog
Verified Member

Be afraid...be very afraid... big_smile :evil:

Angry cat

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 17-08-08 14:05:03

evanadi

A cat has moved in with us, trouble is its making most of the local wildlife extinct, rabbits,mice,rats,birds. Nothing is safe. It even kills moths and flies, Its had a chaffinch and blue tit before 10 this morning. Cant get a collar and bell on it, any other ideas?

Maybe a spell in Ashworth will sort it out wink Ev

#7 17-08-08 14:12:30

hector
Verified Member
Website

Yep thats our cat same colour and everything!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#8 17-08-08 16:10:04

Shazzer

If it's eating tons and hunting it's probably full of worms, so will not feel full! If you can't get a worming tablet down it, try some stronghold on the back of the neck, does roundworm and fleas. If fed regularly at same time each day, should get used to it and not feel the need to hunt as much.

#9 17-08-08 17:11:44

Luchell
Verified Member

PLEASE PLEASE list the car missing, my boy has been gone 4 months and it's horrendous. The cat could be someones extremely missed and loved cat even if you think it's stray.

Mymoggy.com is a great place to put the cat as is nationalpetregister.org

#10 17-08-08 17:18:43

Luchell
Verified Member

This is my missing boy whilst we are on the subject, you never know someone could have spotted him somewhere, he is nosey so could have travelled!!

http://www.mymoggy.com/photos/c2432Char … harlie.htm

#11 17-08-08 18:33:21

hector
Verified Member
Website

Now now ladies dont presume!

Its just been wormed and flead, found out from the neighbours it belonged to an old lady across the road who just moved further down the lane, the cat didnt! and she has another 12 of them!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#12 17-08-08 18:43:20

Luchell
Verified Member

Wasn't presuming  smile smile I thought it worth mentioning is all  smile

#13 18-08-08 07:54:17

Shazzer

Ah, that may explain, if he/she was used to having 12 competitors for food (not saying she didn't feed them all!)
One of my rescues had to fight it out with another 14 before i took her on, she'd wolf down everything she could find! When she got used to knowing there would be food just for her regularly, she did improve, took a while!

My stray, Ruckus, lives outside but I feed him (we have made him a little house). First thing I did was take him to my vet a they looked on register and checked him for a chip.Then i got him neutered, so even if he doesn't hang around, he ain't breeding!!
After 3 months he is now used to having his own food and knows meal times, but still hoovers anything the others leave!!, just not as quickly.

Another of mine just likes hunting, not to the extent yours does, Hector! She knows not to bring anything in the house and gets chased/ sprayed with water/shouted at when caught..

Good luck! this time of year there is lots about too, unfortunately.

#14 18-08-08 10:16:20

Luchell
Verified Member

OMG!!!!!! 16 weeks and I found my boy through sheer luck late last night on one of my 'cat rounds'  yikes  HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!! Looking very very tatty where he has been roughing it but it's him!! Scary thing is he was completely lost so no matter how long i sat here and prayed he would return he wouldn't have on his own accord so that makes the last 16 weeks of constant scouting round, looking shaking biscuits, walking round on the hour every hour like sky news  lol lol, checking online, contacting any possible leads off 25plus internet sites even if they didn't sound liike him etc etc etc MORE than worth it!! How blooming weird after me putting this here last night!!

I was wandering the area as per usual and went a different way this time. I heard a cat fight so ran to check it wasn't him which it wasn't. I sat down on the pavement feeling rather tearful with that a cat walked up to me after the biscuits i had been shaking! At first i thought it was too small to be him but the more he sat with me and tried to eat i started comparing markings. All were identical that i could see. I didn't want to get my hopes up to be honest, He couldn't cry as his 'voice' seemed dried up, his claw were very tatty and his eyes glazed over like a cat with cataracts.

After checking every marking i could find still not wanting to tell myself it's him my partner has also compared Charlies pics  to pics i took last night of the cat I bought home and yep, it's Charlie!! Easier to tell now even though he looks out of sorts he's being a tart like he used to on his back feet in the air wanting strokes  lol lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#15 18-08-08 11:34:46

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...its making most of the local wildlife extinct, rabbits,mice,rats,birds...It even kills moths and flies, Its had a chaffinch and blue tit before 10 this morning. Cant get a collar and bell on it, any other ideas?

Australia is very sensitive to native wildlife preservation.
We can handle wiping out rabbits (vermin here!) if only we could, and foxes too, also mice & rats (most are not native but introduced, landed on ships in the early days). Also our sparrows ("spoggies") are an introduced species though many suspect these cheeky little house-loving birds introduced themselves.

Unfortunately the cat can't discriminate between native and non-native, it just happens to be a superb little hunter. Which puts it at odds with the human idea of protecting native species.

I am an advocate of a local drive to have all cats desexed with the full knowledge that policing this would be nigh impossible but at least it's a step in the right direction. V

I do like cats (have been owned by a few) - and dogs - and birds - and reptiles - um no not cockroaches -  and I don't want to see our native fauna decimated as they currently are.

In short I detest cruelty to ANY animal whether cat/dog/fish/bird/reptile native or not. I'm not sure about insects though.

I'm glad you got your "prodigal son" back Luchell.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#16 18-08-08 12:26:56

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

OMG!!!!!! 16 weeks and I found my boy through sheer luck late last night on one of my 'cat rounds'  yikes  HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!! Looking very very tatty where he has been roughing it but it's him!! Scary thing is he was completely lost so no matter how long i sat here and prayed he would return he wouldn't have on his own accord so that makes the last 16 weeks of constant scouting round, looking shaking biscuits, walking round on the hour every hour like sky news  lol lol, checking online, contacting any possible leads off 25plus internet sites even if they didn't sound liike him etc etc etc MORE than worth it!! How blooming weird after me putting this here last night!!

I was wandering the area as per usual and went a different way this time. I heard a cat fight so ran to check it wasn't him which it wasn't. I sat down on the pavement feeling rather tearful with that a cat walked up to me after the biscuits i had been shaking! At first i thought it was too small to be him but the more he sat with me and tried to eat i started comparing markings. All were identical that i could see. I didn't want to get my hopes up to be honest, He couldn't cry as his 'voice' seemed dried up, his claw were very tatty and his eyes glazed over like a cat with cataracts.

After checking every marking i could find still not wanting to tell myself it's him my partner has also compared Charlies pics  to pics i took last night of the cat I bought home and yep, it's Charlie!! Easier to tell now even though he looks out of sorts he's being a tart like he used to on his back feet in the air wanting strokes  lol lol

OH WOW...I'm soooooooooo glad for you both  big_smile

I read your posts and your link last night and being of a soppy sentimental nature, I came embarrasingly close to tears  :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm not conventionally religious, but I did my equivalent of "saying a prayer" for you and Charlie...and most of all that he came home to you...

I'm chuffed as nuts he's home...  tongue

Charlie do your "Mum" a favour though...learn your lesson and don't go walkabout again PLEASE  wink tongue lol

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#17 18-08-08 16:30:52

Luchell
Verified Member

Daft we get so sentimental i suppose but i won't change  lol

Finally Charlie has been placed in the section that's kept me going for the last 4 months, hopefully it will help somebody else who hasn't got anymore hope left to use  :cry:

http://www.mymoggy.com/H_3Q2008.asp#c2432

Lovely lady Sue has regularly kept in contact and the mymoggy site is amazing! That might not have been how i found him but i wouldve given up long ago without it. Charlie is now on the above link with a little homesafe link just under the description paragraph just for you to nosey at Lou  smile smile

It seems many of us who lose our 'babies' for long periods or are just beside ourselves keep going on these sites, i know i will, it's become habit now!! So far i have found 4 others their owners by referencing a group of sites. Mainly because I never realised how many wonderful people there were trying to help each other until i was beside myself and i know how that feels. I chased some leads but they weren't charlie, those were the ones we got back to their owners who were going mad with grief.
I'm off to see him now, hes shut in the bedroom, it's like christmas, i've got ham, tuna, quavers (Yeah don't ask he's always loved them i was hoping he would share with me though  lol)

#18 18-08-08 17:00:21

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

Is Charlie microchipped?

All of my dogs were strays picked up by a Dog Warden and re-homed by me - first thing I did was get them microchipped "just in case"

Give Charlie a kiss and a Quaver from me  :angel:

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#19 18-08-08 17:23:43

Luchell
Verified Member

Yes he was, my vet mentioned his chip had 'migrated' She found the chip in the end, she knows he has one so she kept looking. Others may have scanned not realising the chip isn't where they tend to put them! He has lost his collar somewhere but that had an id tag his name, my address on the back.

It still hasn't sunk in yet  lol lol

#20 18-08-08 17:46:21

hector
Verified Member
Website

keep him in Hayley! Glad you got him back. No chance of 'Willow' going missing, she knows she's on a good thing! She's curled up in her new cat basket, after wolfing down her food and milk. She's even started to stay in overnight now hopefully this will at least stop her getting bats at night! 

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#21 18-08-08 22:14:25

Shazzer

Yay Luchell!!!
I'm so pleased for you!! big_smile big_smile big_smile
I know how it feels to wonder round looking for them.
When I went away and my mum looked after the kids/cats/house, she said 2 didn't come home, which was odd. i found Ash the day I got back in a grassy area, he had been shot, and subsequently died on the operating table. Eddie I couldn't find and went out night after night. He turned up almost skeletal, dead in a neighbours shed a few weeks later. He had also been shot. :cry:
Milo, shot but alive! also went missing for 3 months and then wondered in as if he's never been away, he was always very shy, so I wonder if he got trapped in by an old lady! wink
Then last year he went off again, but sadly never returned.

Anyway, not to dampen the thread, YAY Luchell!! And Yay Hector, with an indoor girly cat! Got any names??
tongue tongue tongue

#22 23-08-08 14:51:30

Leprechaun

awww Luchell sooooo pleased for you ((hugs))

Our cats don't go out so have never got lost but i guess i would feel the same as you if they did.

Board footer