You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-08-08 14:19:44

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Tachograph requirements?

Is there any requirement for drivers of B+E combinations to have tachographs fitted to their vehicles?

An "expert" has informed a friend of mine that his Disco 3 with it's 3tonne trailer that he uses for work requires a tacho fitting to it - can anyone confirm whether or not this is correct?

(The "expert" is a trainer who is working in a very grey area of the law, but has experience of the field - just wanted to clarify the use of quote marks.)

18-08-08 14:19:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Tachograph requirements?

#2 18-08-08 17:51:24

redroof

I believe that if the vehicle exceeds 3.5 tonnes gross weight including trailer or carries more than 15 persons when operating in the UK (or 9 persons outside the UK) then it needs a tachograph. You could check out the Dept of transport web site.

#3 18-08-08 17:53:48

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I think you're right.

I've had a search through (my brain hurts if I read too much too quickly) and I think that a combination whose MGW was above 3.5tonnes needs one for commercial purposes.

Thanks.

#4 20-08-08 08:25:39

daz6215
Verified Member

best way to be sure is to ring VOSA

Board footer