You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 15-08-08 19:42:48

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Re: New Mazda 2

hi Pete

I'm rather envious, who makes the diesel engine it uses? does it come with alloys? did you go for steels?  does it come with a full size spare? did you go for 3 or 5 door? how's mpg?

Mazda 2 definitely at the top of list when replacing current yaris, better boot & better colours to choose from 8-)

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

15-08-08 19:42:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#27 15-08-08 22:17:30

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

EKAL any more views on the new car now you have had it a while?

YEP.............

All my pupils adapted easily, some even preffered it within a few minutes of driving, I have found a space for all my folders and training materials and even NOW love the glove box, I can slip my clipboard into it.

The car is a smooth to drive, very nippy, adequate room for both pupil and instructor and with the large door mirrors has great visibility for mans(left rev) especially.

And, when carrying out a straight line reverse with pupils who use the door mirrors to much, I just ask them to press the mirror button which recoils the mirrors.............haha you should see thier face then.

All in all, YES its a better can than my old Mazda3, and better than the 207, and C2 I used whilst training(imho)

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#28 16-08-08 06:17:38

driverpete
Verified Member

I opted for the TS which comes with steel wheels and I had the aircon as a (£500) optional extra (standard on the other models). The spare is a space saver but then if you get a puncture on test it would be abandoned anyway whatever spare you've got. I went for the 5 door. Haven't worked out mpg yet although Mazda claim 65mpg (we'll see).

Oh, and I have to fold in my door mirrors manually - life is hard!

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

#29 16-08-08 07:48:35

driver69

Thanks EKAL.  I had a test drive in the Diesel and tried a couple of manoeuvres and found it nice to drive. Don`t know about the folding mirrors, I have them in the Fiesta and pupils pannick when they accidentally fold them  smile

driverpete I was considering the TS+Aircon as I was thinking Alloys are too easy damaged and if someone hits the door mirror it should be cheaper to replace than the folding ones.

#30 19-08-08 16:16:38

Carlo
Verified Member

What is the surge like in the diesel?? smile

"It's easy when you know how!"

#31 20-08-08 07:11:57

driverpete
Verified Member

Surge - what surge? The Micra used to surge like crazy if you didn't treat it right. The Mazda seems a lot more forgiving and so far none of my pupils have managed to initiate a surge in it (if you'll pardon the expression).

RoSPA Gold
Retired ADI

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#32 09-09-08 21:35:44

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

driverpete I was considering the TS+Aircon as I was thinking Alloys are too easy damaged and if someone hits the door mirror it should be cheaper to replace than the folding ones.

The Tyres a quite low and wide.  They seem to protect the wheels quite well.  My pups have caught the occasional kerb but have not left a mark (yet)

I've got 7000 miles on the clock now and am really happy with the car.

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#33 24-09-08 10:57:38

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

Just picked up my brand new Mazda TS2, in black, with alloys.  Love this car, it looks great, drives great, and I like that there's not much travel on the clutch before bite.

The gear lever is fairly stiff selecting gears, although there's no vagueness.  But I'm looking forward to it loosening off a little.

Delighted with the car, all in all.

Paul Cook, ADI, Grade 5, DIAmond Special Test

#34 21-10-08 17:46:31

G
Verified Member
Website

Picking up my new TS 5dr Diesel on sunday week so any tips from those of you who have been using them for a while. Flying back to Gatwick sunday then straight from there to dealership to pick up car as 1st lesson is on monday at 9am so no time to get used to the qwerks myself.

www.drivinglessonsedenbridge.co.uk
Grade 6 ADI
ORDIT registered Instructor Trainer

#35 12-12-08 22:12:52

dragon06
Verified Member

26000 on the clock great car had to have new rear hubs on a recall and some mods to the heater ducting as it sucks in leaves but mazda know about it anyone else had the heater problem ( ts2 diesel )

#36 23-12-08 00:57:24

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

I had to change my front tyres at 12,000 miles. Mazda dealers don't keep door mirrors in stock. That's not much help if you've got a test today and some ar****le has kicked your mirror off. My local dealer took one off another car but only after some pleading.

www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

"how do you do". 
They're really saying

#37 27-01-09 09:59:07

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

Re Dragon6's comment.....  my heater started making a funny noise, like a budgie is caught under the bonnet.  I'm assuming it's the same problem....  unless of course a budgie did in fact get caught under the bonnet.  Haven't checked.  The problem has now gone away....

#38 11-03-09 13:21:27

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

Just thought this might help.  I've been running a 58 plate, black 1.3 petrol TS2 since new.  I've now got 5 thousand hard miles on the clock.

+ looks great
+ trim very neatly put together and appears better quality than Yaris
+ enjoyable to drive
+ both the engine and the gearbox have loosened up a lot, so really pleased
+ nice gearshift, short throw, great location
+ quite a comfy car and nice visibility
+ large door mirrors great for pupils, and the folding facility is very useful

- Rear wiper initially insists on 3 consecutive sweeps.  I only want 1 sweep
- Rear wiper spray jet fires down the left side, so not very effective
- Heater fan sometimes makes that noise like a leaf is stuck in the system
- Slight rattle from the dash somewhere, although I can't locate where..?!
- On 2 occasions, when reversing, I get an external noise from the front left wheel, like a card stuck a bicycle's spokes.  Stops when you stop and starts again when you continue....

All in all, I'm pleased.  I just wish someone would make a car that doesn't have little rattles and wierd noises.

#39 11-03-09 13:59:22

driverpete
Verified Member

- Rear wiper initially insists on 3 consecutive sweeps.  I only want 1 sweep

Yes, that's the one thing that irritates me about it. Otherwise, great.

RoSPA Gold
Retired ADI

#40 02-04-09 16:59:29

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

I'm on 21,000 now. Car is very popular with the pups.

Fuel consumption, is £28.00 gets me around 300 miles.

Front tyre life is poor. The firsr pair were changed a 12000 and the nex pair don't have long to go. Rear tyres are still going strong.

Storeage space is Crap!!!!

It's still a very good car. 

The Fiesta does have better adjustment in the seat/steering wheel. I may have one of them next time.

www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

"how do you do". 
They're really saying

Board footer