You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-08-08 07:20:39

Target
Verified Member
Website

Renault Clio Dynamqiue 1.5dci 106

Finally Finally took delivery of my new Renault Clio.

I previously drove the Privilege 1.5dci 86 and I know some people mentioned the beige cloth interior as something to their dislike.

What Renault have done is scaled down their models and made it alot simlier. There are some things on the new car which were not on the old car, and others on the old car which are not on the new car.

Alot of changes I will not feel.....I do not have rear auto windows. I do not have the 'one touch' driver electric windown...But I will not miss the sun glasses holder or the vanity lights. I will miss the under seat storage, yet im looking at seeing if my own little plastic crate will fit under the seats. I never used the drivers storage as of course during a lesson i would not be able to access it.

I have half leather seats which makes cleaning alot easier, the cloth interior is dark chac-whole grey. I chose to have climate control fitted.

Theres two nuggets with this car which Im just amazed with.

N1) -     It has a 106 bhp 20 more than the previous and this car goes like a pocket rocket, its not so fast that you press the gas and it flys off, you need to give it that little extra pressure to feel the speed. I really like the extra power and the feeling of the drive is very smooth,handling is what you have come to expect from Renault.

N2) -    A stop/start button.....Your foot needs to be on the brake or clutch to start the engine. Steering lock is taken off and engine starts. This cannot be overridden whilst the car is moving, so not sudden stops by children pressing the button.

The great thing i thought was...This comes the closest thing to having a gas pedal...Remember those pupils sitting at traffic lights trying to start the car whilst 20 horns are blasting behind and you can do nothing till the engines running....Well thats can change now.

I also have keyless entry. OUt shopping yesterday and I never realised how painfull it can be to find your keys when your carrying shopping etc....Just walk upto the door and pull the handle. No starts without the clutch down anymore and that jump forwards.

Yet another great car from Renault.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

10-08-08 07:20:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Renault Clio Dynamqiue 1.5dci 106

#2 10-08-08 12:24:57

FRANKS
Verified Member

Sorry, but are you talking about the new clio or he campus here?

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#3 10-08-08 13:44:26

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Have noticed on the Renault advertisment in the tc, that the clio comes with  "dedicated cornering lights".

Can anyone enlighten me has to what these are ?

kevin

#4 10-08-08 14:44:59

daz6215
Verified Member

Basically when you turn the wheel left or right another light illuminates in the front cluster the way in which you are turning, lighting up the kerb etc..

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 10-08-08 14:45:28

driver69

Have noticed on the Renault advertisment in the tc, that the clio comes with  "dedicated cornering lights".

Can anyone enlighten me has to what these are ?

kevin

Have a look here:

http://www.renault.co.uk/about/safety/prevention.aspx

#6 10-08-08 17:08:05

Luchell
Verified Member

Sadly i don't think i will look at the word 'Renault' the same again after the one i had regardless of what shape it was. Each to their own really but i totally hate keyless entry and start. Just a personal thing really, I like a key no matter how annoying it might be to be in the ignition and i always keep my keys in my right pocket anyway so i always know where they are  lol

As i say, personal preference really, I'm using a new fiesta Zetec diesel at the moment and although i'm alot more used to it I still really don't like much about it at all. I can't wait for my car to arrive back neither can my pupils! We are all grateful we have something that attempts to move on a lesson though so hey ho   lol

#7 10-08-08 19:23:45

Target
Verified Member
Website

Not the Clio campus........New shape Clio......Campus would be a little too small for me.

Each to their own.....It seems that we are very easily put off by what cars we choose and the moment the dealers let us down we want to change, or in some cases experience problems it must be with every car, not just a freak occurance.

Unlike buying a TV if a Sony broke down, we would probably still end up buying a Sony somewhere along the line, but its all forgotten. Maybe its our love of the motor vehicle.

Cornering lights as mentioned...I think it works on speeds less than 50mph, but basically an angled light which comes as you steer rather than pointing into a bush which does nothing for where your looking.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#8 12-08-08 22:22:24

HereComesTrouble

I also have a clio and can say I love them!

#9 13-08-08 16:42:35

Carlo
Verified Member

Sounds like a great little car smile.

Do you mind me asking.. Is that on contract hire from Renault? How longs the contract/miles etc? and does it include ALL maintenance (repairs, servicing, tax etc)?

I lease with robinsons at the moment and am thinking about a change.

"It's easy when you know how!"

#10 13-08-08 17:34:31

Target
Verified Member
Website

Hi

Its a Renault contract......Originally I tried Robinsons but my credit status was up the cranny and probably still is, so i started looking elsewhere.

The contract is 2 years, which is a little daunting, but i find it motivates me more to make things work.

I choose 25,000 miles per year, but I was informed I could increase this. Last 2 years I was just below this figure. You can state however many miles you wish but I think there could be a minimum.

The Tax/Warrantly servicing is all included. I did spend on tracking last year - not under warrantly and part payment for partly worn tyres - minimal costs, most the tyres are changed and nothing mentioned. Considering they are like £100 this is well worth it....Got my first nail in one tyre already. It happens!.

All the servicing and parts are included. This cars serviced on 18,000 miles, the previous was on 12,000.

They have a good fair wear and tear policy in place.

This weeks been a little mad, because we were struggling to get a delivery date for the new car. I think the problems come with the he-mans ( also included ) being fitted.

Collection was made on the old car via an agent, but they call with about 1/2 hours notice, and you can arrange a BEST DAY to collect.

I like the deal and the beef with Robinsons at the start whilt I know its not their fault its my poor credit/debts etc but when a PDI can get a car you have to ask questions.

They use to do inclusive insurance which was better for me, because insurance is quite high around here, but that deals closed now.

I know one Renault Dealer is doing a Parrot 3100 handfree fitted also...Nice little extra.

Definately worth a look and if you have a main dealer in your area even better.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#11 14-08-08 10:56:01

Carlo
Verified Member

Thanks for the info target smile.

Will probably pop by my local dealers.  I will probably use Enfield as I'm only in Potters Bar.  Saying that apparently they have on in St Albans.

Looking at their website they have a deal at the mo on the 1.5dci 86 Dynamqiue, which looks good.  Anyway just looking for ideas at the moment as my lease don't run out till April 09!

"It's easy when you know how!"

Board footer