You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 29-02-04 20:45:18

johnexley
Verified Member
Website

Horse riders & mobile phones

While on a driving lesson recently a pupil was reversing round a corner when a horse rider appeared with their mobile phone in their hand and pressed against their ear. I was asked the question "Is that legal?" I had to be honest I say I didn't know. Can anybody tell me?

Regards, John.

http://www.johnexley.co.uk

John Exley
A,B,BE,B1,C,CE,C1E,D1,D1E,f,k,l,n,p,h
http://www.towing-training.co.uk

29-02-04 20:45:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Horse riders & mobile phones

#2 29-02-04 23:07:50

skier

It is 100% NOT illegal

Not sensible, but not illegal.

#3 29-02-04 23:18:56

jonks

I think as long as it's not the horse using the phone it's OK  tongue

#4 02-03-04 07:59:20

johnexley
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the information.

Apparently the rules for horse riders are the same as for cyclists.

I'm still unsure what rules would apply to a horse and cart!!

Regards, John.

John Exley
A,B,BE,B1,C,CE,C1E,D1,D1E,f,k,l,n,p,h
http://www.towing-training.co.uk

#5 02-03-04 16:19:57

Liesa

Thanks Johnexley and Skier

For putting things straight for all of us on this one!

#6 11-03-04 00:37:38

Lynne
Verified Member

Have to admit if it was a very quiet road with minimal traffic and no mad dogs jumping around I'd answer my phone when on my horse but I'd never risk it down busier roads!  I guess if you were doing L. rev you were somewhere quiet?  Saying that you wouldn't catch me chatting for the hell of it.  It would be a quick conversation and phone back in my pocket asap. Lynne

Board footer